Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 July 2012 BOM pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-july-2012-bom-pictures-t193274.html)

Jeanine 07-02-2012 03:13 PM

Tweety: Yes, it does go well. Looks great.

SulaBug 07-02-2012 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911 (Post 5334096)
Took awhile to find a star print that would go with my batiks. Found a mottled one that I think works well.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]346116[/ATTACH]

Tweety..................it's just perfect!! :D Your batik's look awesome together & your star fabric just pulls your block together in the right way. I also had a hard time finding a star fabric & had to go buy a quarter of a yard, just to have that small piece!! :D Your work is very nice. Thank you for sharing with all of us.
:D :D :D :D

Oksewnsew 07-02-2012 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my July block.. I've had it made but hadn't seen any postings for the July BOM - well DUH, guess ya gotta subscribe to it first!! I went huntin' while ago and guess what I found - yup, the thread!! Soooo, here it is. It's neat, I can see a whole quilt made with this block.
Jean
[ATTACH=CONFIG]346165[/ATTACH]

J

SulaBug 07-02-2012 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 5334698)
Here's my July block.. I've had it made but hadn't seen any postings for the July BOM - well DUH, guess ya gotta subscribe to it first!! I went huntin' while ago and guess what I found - yup, the thread!! Soooo, here it is. It's neat, I can see a whole quilt made with this block.
Jean
[ATTACH=CONFIG]346165[/ATTACH]

J

Jean..........I am so glad that you found the thread for the July 2012 BOM. Your block turned out really great. I love the fabric you picked to use & the way you put your block together. I can see a whole quit made of these blocks. It would be so pretty. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

Jenniky 07-03-2012 04:55 AM

Urgodschild, Bibliostone, Tweety and Oksewnsew you guys are speedy :) Fabulous blocks as usual. Im still in the fabric selection mode. Im looking for that twist to make the block mine. :) LOL I am really looking at the scrappy aspect of this block. Im thinking that is the key to my personalizing it. The field of stars fabric is my stump-er though. So the search is still on. :)

thomp116 07-03-2012 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my July BOM. Normally, I would have done strictly red, white, and blue. But, I was working with some food fabrics, and couldn't resist doing this in the blueberries and watermelon.

Happy 4th of July to all! Enjoy and be safe!

lovelyl 07-03-2012 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by thomp116 (Post 5335516)
Here is my July BOM. Normally, I would have done strictly red, white, and blue. But, I was working with some food fabrics, and couldn't resist doing this in the blueberries and watermelon.

How cute! Love it!

Jeanine 07-03-2012 07:23 AM

Reminds me of some Independence Day celebrations I had as a kid. Fun! Perfect.

CajunBear 07-03-2012 07:23 AM

Cajun's July Block

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, would you believe I've been looking for the posting of the selection and kept going to the Bee thread...duh! It just dawned on me "partners" there block choices here! lol Jean I know you have to straighten me out on that but you would think since I choose the block that I would know the Thread! lol

Here is my block! Hope you all like it!

Hugs,
Cajun

SulaBug 07-03-2012 09:15 AM

OMGoodness...............how cute is your July 2012 BOM block for this month's calendar theme!! :D I love your fabric choices, they couldn't be cuter. That is somthing that I didn't even think about, but I love it. The idea's are really flowing this month, aren't they? Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. Very nice work!!