Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

meanmom 06-26-2012 07:01 PM

I am working on block D8 this evening. The melons are trying to kill me. I fooled around with them and just wasn't happy. I am reverse appliqueing them. I am going to attempt needle turn applique on the diamonds. I haven't done it before. I watched several videos on youtube. Hopefully it will work out. Still can't post pictures. I need an adapter for my camera card. Hoping to make it to store in the morning , and I hope they still make the one I want. I am going to Hilton Heads for a week with my brother. I have been saving some of the handwork to take with me. Any LQS I need to visit while there?
Pat

Fraew 06-26-2012 08:31 PM

D6, c6, c3

1 Attachment(s)
D6 - Paper Pieced

C6 - I printed the pattern on card stock. The center circle was cut out of the template. I cut the center cross from the circle. Pink fabric was basted to the center cross template and to the outer template. These were whipped stitched together (English Paper Piecing). This was appliqued on top of the white fabric forming the white melons. Previous near death by melon insanity forced me to be creative. :)

C3 - Redo, English Paper Pieced

SheriR 06-26-2012 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5308662)
Am I the only one that NEEDs to have a Christmas Jane? DottyD your blocks look fabulous in those fabrics! :thumbup:

And a Halloween Jane and a 4th of July Jane. :D let's do it!! -Wait. I'm so far behind my cat sleeps on my Jane box :( I promise I've not forgotten her. 5bazillion things going on at the same time. Fraew keeps me going. :) (Your blocks are beautiful! Everyone's are.)

meanmom 06-27-2012 08:04 AM

I was looking at C6 last night. I thought about reverse appliqueing the melons on to the center. Then reverse applique the circle on. I need to think about it some more. In my mind it works. Not sure about if it will work in reality. I have done reverse applique by machine on circles before and it worked well. I tried needle turn applique last night on one of the diamonds on D8 last night, it looks pretty good. NOw to do the other 3 diamonds.

Jeanine 06-27-2012 08:17 AM

GV09 and Fabric Galore: Thanks for your suggestions.

katybob 06-27-2012 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my Week 23 blocks. These were definitely easier than the previous week's blocks, but D-8 is next and I'm not looking forward to it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]345057[/ATTACH]

Fraew 06-27-2012 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 5320959)
Here's my Week 23 blocks. These were definitely easier than the previous week's blocks, but D-8 is next and I'm not looking forward to it!

Oooooh pretty. :)

Sienna's GiGi 06-27-2012 12:27 PM

Gosh ladies! These blocks are so tiny and danity. I'm just lurking but I really admire your work. This is definitely a one-day-I-will-do-that type project.

QuiltnNan 06-27-2012 01:15 PM

katybob - terrific blocks
fraew - i love the way you did c6

katybob 06-27-2012 01:21 PM

Thank you, Fraew and QuiltnNan!