Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

QuiltnNan 12-11-2012 04:49 AM

very nicely done gladys and katybob. i'm trying to finish up a couple of christmas presents before i fly out of town next week. i hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday!!!

GV09 12-11-2012 10:20 AM

Thank a lot, Julielhs!
A hug!

GV09 12-11-2012 10:21 AM

Thank you very much, Nancy!
I hope you Holliday are very happy and great! Enjoy those!
A big hug!

CindyA 12-11-2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 5710420)

I've finished my Civil War DJ through Row I and I spent way too much time this weekend sewing rows together instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing -- Christmas shopping -- yuk! I'm going to make this one lapsize and I'm trying to finish the top so I'll have some hand quilting to take with me when I head to my son's house for Christmas week.

We'd love to see the rows you sewed together. I didn't work on DJ OR shop, I think I should hurry and get started on that.

Safe travels to everyone.

GV09 12-15-2012 09:36 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone!
I hope you are very well! I continue forward with my Dear Jane, this is my week # 25.
Those are E-10, E-11 y E-12. I really enjoyed sewing those!
Share them the photos and I hope they are to your liking.
Enjoy your day! Have a very good weekend! A hug!

Julielhs 12-15-2012 09:26 PM

Gladys, love your blocks, beautiful colors

DottyD 12-16-2012 01:54 AM

Beautiful Gladys as usual - !! The last picture showing all the blocks is stunning. The colours are all beginning to blend together so well.
DottyD.

CindyA 12-16-2012 06:26 AM

Gladys, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your E-11! Thanks for posting pictures.

It seems quiet here, I know I have not had time to sew this week. Getting busy before the holidays. Maybe over the break I can do some.

Cre8tvlwyr 12-16-2012 09:10 AM

My New Year's resolution .... once I actually make it past Christmas ....eeeek - is to not only catch up but to get this baby Jane done for my guild's Sept 2013 show [even though it surely doesnt look like it now!]

as always, Gladys, your blocks are beautiful - can't wait to see the entire finished piece!

Nancy -
the link [post #1866 above]to the corner block is interesting- her block amazing. I have sewn things in rounds before - but to me, it is a series of flying geese and corner blocks and so easily put together in strips. If anyone uses the other method, just be sure to not sew the center into the third round 'hole' the way it is shown. You need to either make another hole or slide the center over.... it is a quarter turn off. Her finished block is absolutely perfect!! I just think the photo in the tute may give some the wrong idea.

Enjoy the weekend and the holidays...Unfortunately.... I continue to get more behind at this point - but as I said before - the New Year will bring great change!!!!! and greater accomplishments!!!!! :)
Gus

GV09 12-20-2012 06:12 AM

Thank you very much for your lovely words to my blocks! This week is complicated, I must finish 4 table runners for the 24! Almost impossible! Lol! I hope to make and publish my 3 new blocks soon!A big hug to each one!