Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

DottyD 12-24-2012 08:40 AM

Please may I take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Properous and Happy New Year.
I have now been making my Christmas Jane since May 2007 and I am DETERMINED 2013 will see it FINISHED --- LOL !!!
I hope you all enjoy your Christmas with family and friends and that we all have health and happiness in the New Year.
I pray that we have peace in our world and the friends that we have made on the Quilting Board and especially on this thread continue to be part of our lives, which I feel is enriched by being here !
Best wishes,
DottyD in a very wet England, UK. - No white Christmas here !!

GV09 12-24-2012 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, DottyD!
Exactly at heart, the same wishes for you and each of the members of QB and this thread that accepted me as one more among all!
I suspendí Dear Jane seam to make Christmas gifts, which I not finished all in time, only one.
But at least with this photo I can share the desires of my heart!
Have a blessed holiday!
A huge and strong hug for each one!

Cre8tvlwyr 12-26-2012 05:00 PM

I hope all have had and continue to enjoy a wonderful, peaceful and healthy Christmas season with family and loved ones.
No snow here either Dotty! but it is very cold - this week the temp will remain below 55 tops and down to the high 20s and 30s at night - not the usual for So. California but I love it so much more than the heat!!!

Enjoy! and lets have a happy, healthy and productive 2013!! Cheers!
Gus

katybob 12-29-2012 12:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my Week 49:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384657[/ATTACH]
And here's my Civil War DJ put together and basted. It ended up being "nap-size". I try not to point out my mistakes, because I know I'm usually the only one who sees them, but be careful to get the triangles in the right order when you sew them together!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384659[/ATTACH]

Fraew 12-29-2012 01:39 PM

Bravo katybob!

DottyD 12-29-2012 03:02 PM

Katybob - your nap size quilt is very very nice - and your blocks are lovely colours!!

Very nice Santa Gladys !!

Have a nice weekend everyone !
DottyD.

Cre8tvlwyr 12-29-2012 07:36 PM

Katybob...you r incredible!!!! and all caught up with your [second??] DJ - awe inspiring!
I must also say that to me - I think I see 9x13 DJ blocks in your 'nap size' quilt? I mighty long nap :)

I found my DJ book... it had been among the missing :( meanwhile, my #1 grandson[6] covets his 4yr old brother's twin size quilt a bit even though he has been real sweet about it... he says 'it's ok Gus, I know I'm your monkey' The quilt I made for him for his third birthday is called 'Monkey Business' .....OMG! check out this link:
http://www.amazon.com/Monkey-Busines.../dp/156477788X
I didnt have a picture of the quilt with me so I googled the pattern and found it on Amazon... sit down and look at the price! That ought to cover a few college credit units by the time he gets there!

I actually do think the pic of my quilt is on our guild site... here it is!
http://conejovalleyquilters.com/2009...uilts.html#129

Here's to katybob's progress rubbing off on me!!!
Gus

katybob 12-29-2012 09:14 PM

Nope -- they're all 4 1/2" blocks. The angle of the picture does make them look bigger. Thanks, Dotty, Gus, and Fraew!

CindyA 12-30-2012 03:23 AM

Katybob, you are AMAZING!! That is beautiful and looks so nice on that bed frame. Thanks for the inspiration. You say that it's basted, and I think I see a scallop along the outer border. Tell us what's next, please, in the way of quilting plans.

@ Dotty, thanks for the Christmas and New Year's message. I agree, we are enriched by being able t come to QB and this thread to share with each other. And yes, let 2013 be the year your Christmas DJ is done!!

It's probably been weeks since I worked on DJ. There are been a few pretty significant things happening in my home. We got 2 dogs! The 5 yr old Basset/Collie mix is from a co-worker who was having trouble taking care of her. She is so sweet. The 2 yr old is a 65 lb Basset 'lap dog' that a local rescue organization was having trouble placing. And now we know why, LOL. He is a sweetheart, too, but has a few 'issues' that we are working on. All of that, plus Christmas and family and friends, and no DJ. So . . . . the sewing room is now a place for the dogs, it was non-functional and I'm using the dining room table, anyway. I'm a little sad at losing the space, but I wasn't using it anyway, and it was so disorganized. I'm making some tough decisions about what to get rid of from the sewing area, but I'm not using that much space in the dining room for my DJ fabric and supplies. I'll post pics if I ever get my sewing stuff organized and stored properly. I hope to get back to DJ soon. I actually seem to make steady progress when I'm working, rather than when I'm on school breaks. So come the first of the year, maybe I'll post a block!

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope that 2013 brings you health and happiness.

CindyA 12-30-2012 04:27 AM

P.S. Are any of you printing the blocks onto freezer paper? I've tried several ways and no matter how I do it the freezer paper gets jammed up in my printer.