Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Cre8tvlwyr 05-02-2013 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nope - you are always a pleasure, Cindy!!
And by all means leave those corners alone - looks great :) I noticed yesterday..... ahem, that I used the wrong fabric on LS1... leaving it alone too[ATTACH=CONFIG]411336[/ATTACH]!

Cre8tvlwyr 05-02-2013 12:40 PM

I'm trying to put my blocks into the design wall.... let's see if I can actually post it???
nope..:(

DottyD 05-02-2013 01:27 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Hi girls,

As promised here are the lastest photos my DH has sorted out today.
They are, BR3, LS4, LS7, M7, RS3, RS5, RS6, and TRC.

I can't believe I have now completed ALL of the blocks, tri's and kites
and my design wall has also been updated (link below).
Thanks so VERY much for all your kind replies to my last message and
I am not going anywhere - I want to see all the progress your all making!

Good luck sorting out your wall Gus.

A friend has asked me to make a baby quilt for her new Grandchild due in July,
so I am going to do that and then start the sashing.
I hope to hand quilt it - but I will get it basted by a longarm quilter
- who lives nearby. I haven't got a surface which will be big enough !!
After all the time I have spent getting here - I started my DJ in 2007 --
I think hand quilting will be easier to unpick - than machine stitching LOL !!

I am now going to bed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Cre8tvlwyr 05-02-2013 04:12 PM

Dotty- I'm in AWE!!! your blocks are beautiful :)
You do have to explain how you have a longarm quilter baste???? don't understand :( I think this one is actually more difficult than the FMQ ...LOL!!

I have been able to transfer my block pictures to the DJ chart included in the software thanks to EQ tech support. I will put their instructions up shortly. But I was unable to post it by going into the chart directly in 'my documents' I was able to save the chart in Word [dont have all the pics put in yet] and will see whether that file can be seen here..

that didnt work either

just popped back in and clicked on your link Dotty - it looks great!! But now - how were you able to make it so we could all see it??
Gus

katybob 05-03-2013 08:18 AM

Dotty, I just looked at your design wall and it's absolutely fabulous! Have you decided yet whether you're going to use one fabric for the solid triangles? I used just background fabric for my CW Dear Jane, but I think I'll use a variety of fabrics for the pastel one.

CindyA 05-04-2013 05:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I think the first two pics are catching up (from previous weeks) and the last picture is this week.
F-3 Snowball
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411663[/ATTACH]

F-2 Kaleidoscope
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411665[/ATTACH]

K-5 Passing Through
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411666[/ATTACH]

I hope I have time to start working on some of the triangles I'm behind on.

DottyD 05-06-2013 03:24 AM

Thank you very much for your kind comments Gus and Katybob.
Gus -I will take my backing fabric, batting and completed top to a lady with a long arm quilting machine and get her to baste the 3 layers together and then go form there - either machine or hand quilting.That is still a way to go yet though !
Katybob - I think I will use the same fabric as in the previous triangle - so it will complement it. I will see what it looks like before I commit. !

Very quiet here again !!!

katybob 05-06-2013 05:53 AM

Great blocks as always, Cindy. You must not be too far behind schedule.
Dotty, I like your idea about the triangles. I'm going to go preview some right now.
The weather's so pretty here I go outside and dig in the dirt as much as I can, but I'm also stuck in our legislative chamber four days a week (where it stays freezing cold!), so I haven't been sewing much lately.

Cre8tvlwyr 05-06-2013 08:41 AM

Dotty - a few years ago I started to 'spray baste' my quilt sandwiches together [I used '505' adhesive.] Man is that ever easy!! I usually get to the quilting soon after I do the spray basting, but I have had instructors who have left their prepared sandwiches for years before getting to the actual quilting [one said 5-7yrs!!] and it still held together. No more pins to put in..or take out! I have not hand-quilted anything that was spray basted and although the claim is it doesn't gunk up your machine, I do wipe the needle periodically when I quilt something that has been spray basted. I also spray VERY LIGHTLY, using more of a 'mist.'

When I took the hand-quilting class Andi's first step was to take some long basting stitches. I never asked her about spraying though. I imagine if you should only thread-baste your long arm quilter would be the way to go!! the alternative would be to quilt in sections :)

...and you are right....very quiet!! I think only you, Cindy, Katybob, and Gladys on a regular basis..... please chime in if I have forgotten the obvious out there :)
Gus

Cre8tvlwyr 05-06-2013 08:45 AM

I decided to look back.... 100 posts - just us and bebe early April...
and to think we started with around 130!