Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

DottyD 08-31-2013 04:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, I haven't been here for simply ages - my back is giving me serious problems and - although I have been reading all the posts - i haven't replied. Lovely blocks from everyone who has posted and what a very nice blouse Gladys.
Anyway - with the help from my DH here is a photo of all my blocks sashed and joined together -- yippee !!!!!!!!!
Now to start joining all the triangles -
Have a nice weekend all.

CindyA 08-31-2013 07:02 AM

DottyD, so sorry to hear about your back problems. Hang in there, I hope it can be resolved. My mom and I both have back problems, hers much more debilitating than mine. It really stinks. Hope there is help for you.

Thanks for posting your amazing quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations on seeing this through (especially with the health problems). Can't wait to see your tris.

Gladys, wonderful job on the blouse! Love the detail.

Adnil, your blocks are perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun long, holiday weekend.

xsquilter 08-31-2013 05:47 PM

Oh my word Dotty, your Jane is gorgeous!
Everyone's blocks are fabulous. I really need to get back to mine. I can't tell you how far behind I am....'cause I don't know myself!
Maureen

pewa88 09-01-2013 03:58 AM

Dotty, Congratulations! Your quilt blocks are beautiful.

Cre8tvlwyr 09-01-2013 09:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Gladys - WOW beautiful blouse :)
Dotty - so glad to see you AND YOUR JANE!!! how I'd love to be that far :)

Cindy - you'll be proud to know I've finally started quilting for the show.... a bit tardy and once again ye ole Bernina tension problems reared its ugly head!!!! :( how I'd love to shove... you get the picture
The front of the quilt not so bad - I will not be sharing the back any time soon - I simply need to get it done! and then there are four more [turn in date?? Sept 17.... no Jane on hold]
Gus
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433502[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]433503[/ATTACH]

CindyA 09-01-2013 09:54 AM

@Monica, yes I am proud!! And all I have to say about your machine quilting is WOW!!! I already knew your applique and piecing are great, I should have known your quilting would be as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that your tension problems are kept at bay until you are ready for the show.

DottyD 09-01-2013 01:37 PM

Thank you all for your kind comments - I am now cutting out all the plain Tri's to attach them to the pieced ones !
Any tips anyone ??
Monica your machine quilting looks very nice ! Good luck in your show !
Cindy - I have some acupuncture booked for Tuesday - I really hope it will help !

xsquilter 09-01-2013 06:15 PM

Oookaaaay, now I know how far behind I am. I worked on A-10 today, so that's March of last year! It's a rather fun block, I must say, but it's not laying as flat as it should. I think I'll pick at her tomorrow & perhaps tidy it up with hand stitching.
Maureen

mgause 09-02-2013 07:19 PM

I have been lurking this group for quite a while as I started a DJ 3-4 years ago. You have all been such an inspiration. Then I saw Katybob's pastel DJ and I just had to say "Beautiful! Gorgeous! Fantabulous!"
MonicaG
indiana
:thumbup:

katybob 09-02-2013 07:22 PM

Thank you so much, Monica! I enjoyed the journey. Hope you get back to yours soon.