Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Fabric Galore 02-07-2012 05:20 PM

I intend to buy a Doodle Pad and try it. I had tracing paper but it was too thin and it kept jamming up my printer. Everyone's blocks are so pretty and yet so different. Is anyone else doing a trip-around-the world in their DJ? I'm behind on my squares but I am trying to get caught up this week.

bookworm 02-07-2012 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 4951473)
Well, life happened last week so got very little sewing done. Finally finished week 4 this morning. Here are my blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]309656[/ATTACH]

I love the ....stone?.... print on the second one. You are very brave to do 3 at once. Though I'm tempted to start a second while working on the first. I swear.... its like potato chips.

Kallie 02-07-2012 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore (Post 4953301)
I intend to buy a Doodle Pad and try it. I had tracing paper but it was too thin and it kept jamming up my printer. Everyone's blocks are so pretty and yet so different. Is anyone else doing a trip-around-the world in their DJ? I'm behind on my squares but I am trying to get caught up this week.

Hi Fabric Galore
I too am doing a trip around the world with mine in a muted/pastel rainbow scheme. How about you?

QuiltnNan 02-07-2012 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bookworm (Post 4953312)
I love the ....stone?.... print on the second one. You are very brave to do 3 at once. Though I'm tempted to start a second while working on the first. I swear.... its like potato chips.

They really are addicting :) Honestly, doing more than one is not that much more work... you've already printed and you've already figured out how to sew it. I don't have selvedge info on the fabric, but it looks a lot different in a bigger piece. I've had it quite a while... one of those pieces you just keep petting and can't decide what to use it on :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]309815[/ATTACH]

GV09 02-07-2012 07:09 PM

Hi, Ladies!
Your blocks are amazing!
Love your fabrics and how well they all look!
Congratulations!
I spent the day with only 2 blocks: B-10 and A-5. Both were much better than expected!
But I can not do curved seams of B-2 and B-3! The curves never went well!
Tomorrow sew the Block A-1. I drew on graph paper the new model which I loved! I also do it in white-green and I called "A-1 QB Friends"!
And again on the curves! In my country there is no freezer paper, but I will try my method templates and see what happens!
I've seen questions of "melons" ... what is that?
I go to sleep, it's too late! Hugs to all!

TymeToShine 02-07-2012 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by GV09 (Post 4953660)
Hi, Ladies!
Your blocks are amazing!
Love your fabrics and how well they all look!
Congratulations!
I spent the day with only 2 blocks: B-10 and A-5. Both were much better than expected!
But I can not do curved seams of B-2 and B-3! The curves never went well!
Tomorrow sew the Block A-1. I drew on graph paper the new model which I loved! I also do it in white-green and I called "A-1 QB Friends"!
And again on the curves! In my country there is no freezer paper, but I will try my method templates and see what happens!
I've seen questions of "melons" ... what is that?
I go to sleep, it's too late! Hugs to all!

Gladys, "melons" are the long kind of oval shapes that are pointed on each end like you see in B12

ozarkmama 02-08-2012 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by gailinva (Post 4950878)
Thankyou ozarkmama for the tip on the PP paper you use. I will give it a try!!!!

You're very welcome!

TymeToShine 02-08-2012 04:30 PM

Anyone have a helpful hint as to how to reverse applique the tips of the melons in B12? Do you need to clip all the way to the point?
Thanks!

katybob 02-08-2012 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 4956471)
Anyone have a helpful hint as to how to reverse applique the tips of the melons in B12? Do you need to clip all the way to the point?
Thanks!

I just finished B12 and the tips are definitely not very pointy. Some I clipped all the way to the point and some I clipped not quite to the point, and both had problems -- some have stray threads sticking out and some are a little rounded. I'm working on A3 right now and I'm using the same method rather than the method used in "thatquilt", so maybe it will be a little better.

Bettia 02-08-2012 11:00 PM

Fabric Galore, I am behind as well. I had printer problems and finally got that taken care of so I hope I can catch up now. I am starting week 2.