Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Anael 02-19-2012 06:36 AM

Great blocks Jacquie!

QuiltnNan 02-19-2012 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie (Post 4988272)
i've just see A9 for our next week of making!!!
"OMG"... escaped from my mouth!! (that's all i'm saying!!!)
:shock::shock::shock:

your blocks are nice, jacquie. had to look up A9 - what, afraid of 45 pieces, Jacquie? [tee hee hee]

spartan quilter 02-19-2012 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here are my week 6 triangles. Nothing fancy, but they are done, even though the one isn't trimmed yet. I have not gotten the hand quilting done on my triangles yet. Just too much else going on in my life right now, but so far, am still on track. Thank goodness for next week, to catch up. Sure have been loving all the blocks that are being posted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313477[/ATTACH]

katybob 02-19-2012 09:33 AM

Week 6

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my Week 6 triangles.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]313520[/ATTACH]

TymeToShine 02-19-2012 10:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow! I really like everyone's triangles this week. They all look great. Love the variation in colors.

Jacquie - really like your bright colors,,,I keep getting tempted each week to start a second Dear Jane when I look at all the possibilities!

Week 6

jacquie 02-19-2012 11:59 AM

thanks everyone, your kind words are very encouraging!!
i need lot's of moral support to boost me for the dreaded A9!!! yes! the 45 piecer Nancy!! lol...:p

fantastic blocks and triangles everyone!!! we're all really doing great!!!

Fabric Galore 02-19-2012 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 4984538)
Losie, IMHO, it would be well worth having one specially cut from acrylic. Print out one of your blocs in foundation pattern, add the 1/4" seam allowances, carefully cut that out and take it to a glass shop for them to use as a template. If you take your DJ ruler to show them, they might even be able to cut the tips off for you, too. I'm trying to use my DJ... I made sure my new length uses the same top angle as the original... but that is really cumbersome... would rather just have the right size. We have a LOT of tri's to go

Thanks for the idea, Nancy. I think I will do that. We will be gone all next week on a camping trip and that means I'll be another week behind. I am taking some applique blocks for my DGGD's quilt to work on during the week. I get so inspired when I see everyone's blocks. I just might go out and try to get a block made this evening.

Anael 02-19-2012 02:45 PM

jacquie, A9 isnīt that hard, just a lot of pieces LOL And if it doesnīt lay flat, beat it with a rubber mallet! I never tried it but they say it works!

leepat 02-19-2012 03:29 PM

thanks all for the suggestions, now I will get to work and try to see if it will come up for me. Not too good on computer, am self taught.

jacquie 02-19-2012 03:57 PM

LOL@Anael with the rubber hammer!!:D

i have a feeling i will be using the rubber hammer on the block if it needs it or not!!!:mad::p
:D:D:D