Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

TymeToShine 08-28-2012 03:31 AM

Gladys
Very nicely done blocks.I like the colors you are using . Your DJ is going to look very classy when done

GV09 08-28-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by DottyD (Post 5465873)
... Your blocks are lovely Gladys - I especially love your purples in C6 - is it "Spraytime" fabric? ... Hugs DottyD.

Hi, Dotty! Thank's!
Those all fabrics are "Fusions Basics" and white Konna.
A hug!

GV09 08-28-2012 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA (Post 5469040)
Now I'm trying to pick my sashing color. My husband and like this choice the best:
Here are the other two backgrounds I considered, I picked up two fat quarters from the Pebbles line when I went to my LQS:
this is the lighter tan from the Pebbles line:
this is the darker tan/brown from the Pebbles line:

Hi, CindyA!
I love your backgrounds fabrics!
I will use a dark chocolate Konna to my sashing, triangles and binding.
A hug!

GV09 08-28-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 5473369)
Gladys
Very nicely done blocks.I like the colors you are using . Your DJ is going to look very classy when done

Thank you very much, Linda!
I am using all my fat quarters I have from the "Fusions Basics" collection.
I hope all the work to unify to use Konna dark chocolate for my sashing, triangles and binding.
A big and warm hug for you!

TymeToShine 08-29-2012 04:03 PM

Having a great time on our trip through Minnesota and Canada. Today we stopped at the Bush Plane museum which my DH really enjoyed. I was ver surprised to see a Singer treadle sewing machine on display and went over to see what the attachment was on it. Turns out they used to sew the covering for fabric covered planes on it. Neat!

GV09 08-30-2012 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 5477702)
Having a great time on our trip through Minnesota and Canada. Today we stopped at the Bush Plane museum which my DH really enjoyed. I was ver surprised to see a Singer treadle sewing machine on display and went over to see what the attachment was on it. Turns out they used to sew the covering for fabric covered planes on it. Neat!

Hi, Linda!
I'm glad you have a very nice travel!
Thanks for sharing this experience!Sometimes one finds in unlikely places sewing machines!
Two years ago we went on vacation to the sea. Rental Department had an old machine sewing Singer adapted as a lamp. And the foot of the machine adapted leg dining table! It was fun to see him and take them pictures!
A hug!

CindyA 08-31-2012 03:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I would get caught up (or even ahead!) while on summer break from school. I guess I had to get back to work and a regular routine to make progress on DJ. :rolleyes: Here is E-1 Aunt Exie's Phlox.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]359157[/ATTACH]

GV09 08-31-2012 06:17 AM

5 Attachment(s)
CindyA ... nice block! It's so beautiful!
I continue forward with the weekly delivery of my calendar.
Show them the pictures of C-7 and C-8 C-9. Also the 14 week photos and the photo of the blocks of weeks 1 to 14. I hope your liking and thank you for looking.
The C-5 is crossed on my desk and remains hopeful that it can resolve it! But one day resolveré!
Have a beautiful day!
A big hug for each one!

Jeanine 08-31-2012 06:28 AM

Gladys: so beautiful, so very beautiful.. I enjoy looking at them.

QuiltnNan 08-31-2012 08:28 AM

Gladys and Cindy - very nice work!