Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Chay 08-26-2012 06:36 AM

QuiltnNan, your post gave me a good laugh this morning! I was scrolling through the thread and saw your pictures and thought, gee the fabric in those blocks seems so familiar, what a great way to use DJ blocks. Then I read your thread and saw that they are the blocks I sent you! No wonder they looked familiar! That was really clever of you and I'm so glad the blocks went to good use, your coverup is darling. That is a great start to my Sunday!

CindyA 08-26-2012 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 5468789)
Cindy, i love the way you've done this block :thumbup:

Thank you, Nancy.

CindyA 08-26-2012 07:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Now I'm trying to pick my sashing color. My husband and like this choice the best:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358047[/ATTACH]

Here are the other two backgrounds I considered, I picked up two fat quarters from the Pebbles line when I went to my LQS:

this is the lighter tan from the Pebbles line:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358048[/ATTACH]

this is the darker tan/brown from the Pebbles line:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358049[/ATTACH]

CindyA 08-26-2012 08:31 AM

Correction, that's the Andover Dimples line (not Pebbles). Love that fabric! Sorry the pictures aren't of better quality to show the detail in the Dimples.

Cre8tvlwyr 08-26-2012 09:51 AM

Nancy - that top is awesome!! great idea :)
Chay and Cindy great blocks! Dotty - wish I was able to keep up - this is DH's computer... mine only goes online when it wants to and in fact freezes when I'm typing offline :( oh well. My new one arrived yesterday - ohhhhhh the files that need to be saved and transferred ugggggggggggggggg and I can't touch it til the antivirus program is loaded.
Then there's my machine :( truly thinking of tackling more hand pieced blocks a'la Jane. DH needs computer again - hope to catch up later.
happy sewing!!! sew some for me :) Nancy - havent checked first page yet - did my suggestion work?

Cre8tvlwyr 08-26-2012 09:52 AM

btw - thanks Dotty on the avatar - my favorite AOTH block - that's what I should do I guess it has been on hold since I began Jane... too many projects not enough time :(
Gus

Christine- 08-26-2012 10:56 AM

Wow, I've been scrolling through the posts, looking at photos. I'm working on civil war quilts (6 of them) and would love to start a dear jane. It would be nice project to take along when I'm in a waiting room. Thank you for sharing your work, I'm in awe!

QuiltnNan 08-27-2012 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr (Post 5469349)
Nancy - that top is awesome!! great idea :)... Nancy - havent checked first page yet - did my suggestion work?

Thanks!...

I decided to do it differently...
"Sadly, the post is too full to add more posts#'s and links. Please refer to the attached Word doc for the week numbers and where the post starting that week are."
Now, the doc can be downloaded at the end and notes made on it by the other members for their own needs. I will continue to try and update it weekly.

QuiltnNan 08-27-2012 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Chay (Post 5468845)
QuiltnNan, your post gave me a good laugh this morning! I was scrolling through the thread and saw your pictures and thought, gee the fabric in those blocks seems so familiar, what a great way to use DJ blocks. Then I read your thread and saw that they are the blocks I sent you! No wonder they looked familiar! That was really clever of you and I'm so glad the blocks went to good use, your coverup is darling. That is a great start to my Sunday!

LOL :thumbup:

QuiltnNan 08-27-2012 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA (Post 5469040)
Now I'm trying to pick my sashing color.

I think any of them would work, but my personal choice would be the darkest color.