Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Anael 02-12-2012 03:17 PM

Thank you :D I have a habit of placing applique parts in the wrong place! I did B1 the wrong way too so my circles are placed in a square pointing the wrong way. I still don't know if I will redo this one. I like B12 the way I made it so it will stay as it is.

JudyTheSewer 02-12-2012 05:09 PM

Final Block of Week 3

2 Attachment(s)
I am making two quilts. One has background fabric of muslin and I am trying to use authentic CW repros. The 2nd quilt is fabric from my stash.

B1 from Week 3 below:

JudyTheSewer 02-12-2012 05:13 PM

Week 4 Blocks

6 Attachment(s)
I am making two quilts. One has background fabric of muslin and I am trying to use authentic CW repros. The 2nd quilt is fabric from my stash.

Thank you everyone for all of the tips. They are really a help

B2, B3, B10 from Week 4 below:

Fabric Galore 02-12-2012 06:38 PM

I am making 5.5 inch squares for my quilt with .75 inch sashes. The correct size for my triangles would be 6" x 9.75". I am using the software and my foundation piecing prints on 2 pages. Is anyone else enlarging their quilt? How did you enlarge your triangles?

TymeToShine 02-12-2012 06:58 PM

Judy...such nice blocks. Great job!

JudyTheSewer 02-12-2012 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore (Post 4969727)
I am making 5.5 inch squares for my quilt with .75 inch sashes. The correct size for my triangles would be 6" x 9.75". I am using the software and my foundation piecing prints on 2 pages. Is anyone else enlarging their quilt? How did you enlarge your triangles?

Yep, I'm enlarging mine to 5X5 blocks. When I do a print>foundation pattern I then check the "size from quilt" box in the ''options' tab. After that, when I click the "preview" button, if I see two print pages are used, I click the 'move' button to move everything to one page. I hope that helps! (someone else on this thread educated me on how to do this.) Let us know if you have more questions on how to do this.

JudyTheSewer 02-12-2012 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 4969782)
Judy...such nice blocks. Great job!

Thanks Linda! My success is due to the advice from yourself and other who have forged ahead and shared your techniques, warnings, and pictures. Now I need to study how you all did Week 5's blocks - HaHa!

SheriR 02-12-2012 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My week 4. I keep thinking I'll catch up, at least I'm not getting farther behind. :)

Anael 02-12-2012 11:32 PM

Great blocks Judy and SheriR!

QuiltnNan 02-13-2012 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore (Post 4969727)

I think I see the problem... The software prints the block in the same orientation that it appears on the screen if you use the print block from working on quilt. So a side triangle block will print sideways. If you use work on block and choose that block, you will have to enter the width and height of your triangle in the options tab. And with that size triangle, to get it to fit on one sheet, you will have to remove the block name using the options tab. Hope that helps.