Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

vintagemotif 03-19-2012 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm still trying to catch up. Here are my Arkansas, Arizona, Hawaii, and Alaska.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321186[/ATTACH]

On to Idaho and California.

FLQ 03-19-2012 07:54 PM

Ckcowl - love these blocks! You've inspired me. I have the book...maybe I can catch up :)

moonwork42029 03-19-2012 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally...finally...finally got the Georgia finished up.

I do payroll at work (one of many tasks) and we have had a system processing changeover ---arghhhhh---- messing with 200 people's payroll is NOT a fun switch! Talk about people getting testy...lucky for me, I was one of the few that actually knew what was going on so everyone else stayed in the dark and will never know about the trials and tribulations that it took to get them paid on the 15th...but my boss said I was "awesome", lol. Guess that was because his direct deposit went into his account. :thumbup:

So without further ado and sticking with the mainly 30's theme ....here's Georgia!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321189[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 03-19-2012 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 5074928)
Finally...finally...finally got the Georgia finished up.

I do payroll at work (one of many tasks) and we have had a system processing changeover ---arghhhhh---- messing with 200 people's payroll is NOT a fun switch! Talk about people getting testy...lucky for me, I was one of the few that actually knew what was going on so everyone else stayed in the dark and will never know about the trials and tribulations that it took to get them paid on the 15th...but my boss said I was "awesome", lol. Guess that was because his direct deposit went into his account. :thumbup:

So without further ado and sticking with the mainly 30's theme ....here's Georgia!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321189[/ATTACH]

Pretty block! I love your 30's theme!

tomilu 03-20-2012 04:18 AM

Good morning, ladies. One of the best things about this thread is the wonderful color combinations I see in the blocks. It is such fun to see everyone's beautiful results.

PokerDiva 03-20-2012 05:18 AM

More beautiful blocks ladies.

Mad Mimm 03-20-2012 06:38 AM

I'm enjoying all the colors and different fabrics. There are some really nice blocks being done and you should all be very proud of your blocks - this project is going to generate some really stunning quilts! Great work everyone!!

whitepine 03-20-2012 08:23 AM

Vintagemotif, Very nice fussy cutting on your Hawaii block.

meanmom 03-20-2012 01:28 PM

I love all of the blocks. It is amazing how wonderful they all look. They are all so different. Everyones colors are so pretty

Patricia Faye 03-20-2012 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 5074134)
There is a fabric I have been lusting after for weeks. My LQS used it in a quilt and is out of it. It is a fabric from 2 years ago. I wanted it for my sashing in my star quilt. I have been searching the internet for 2 weeks for it. I finally found it and it arrived today. It is perfect. Once I get a certain fabric in my head nothing else will do.

So I can't stand not knowing....let's see a photo of the fabric!

I'm thinking about piecing the sashing using the fabrics that were used on the different blocks. Another option is finding a batik that picks up the colors of the blocks (this may be hard to do because of all the different colors used in the blocks). What do you all think? Any ideas/suggestions?