Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

whitepine 03-18-2012 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another Idaho.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320938[/ATTACH]

nickylsf 03-18-2012 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5071510)
Another Idaho.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320938[/ATTACH]

Good job on your points White Pine! I love your blue and green batiks!

tomilu 03-18-2012 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye (Post 5071458)
I am retired so have the time to do "extra" blocks & I love these. Here the ones I've completed thus far. I usually cut the fabric for about 10 blocks at one time so that is out of the way & I can spend the time sewing.

Your Illinois is so much nicer than the book. I'm not fond of many of her color choices, lol. Good job on all!

Patricia Faye 03-18-2012 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 5071573)
Your Illinois is so much nicer than the book. I'm not fond of many of her color choices, lol. Good job on all!

Thank you so much! I'm using the fabric I have in my stash so sometimes I can't match her colors but so far they have still turned out nice.

sue z q 03-19-2012 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 5071392)
Here is my Idaho. The floral is what started my color choices. I'm using it for sashing if it works.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320918[/ATTACH]

Love the floral. I'm trying to use a floral theme for all of mine. The dark blue is a favorite of mine too.

sue z q 03-19-2012 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye (Post 5071458)
I am retired so have the time to do "extra" blocks & I love these. Here the ones I've completed thus far. I usually cut the fabric for about 10 blocks at one time so that is out of the way & I can spend the time sewing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]320930[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]320931[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]320932[/ATTACH]

Patricia Faye: In the grouping, what block is that in the upper left corner? It's really cute.

tomilu 03-19-2012 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by sue z q (Post 5072688)
Love the floral. I'm trying to use a floral theme for all of mine. The dark blue is a favorite of mine too.

Thanks. I have cut out the next two blocks to do at small group tomorrow; am looking forward to it.
tomilu

SheriR 03-19-2012 07:42 AM

I am actually in Idaho at the moment visiting hubby's parents. FIL is 93 this month, MIL just turned 86. It snowed just for us yesterday. :D I have only 10 stars completed, all with the same background. I promise I'll catchup when I get home to Texas. Today I'm going QS Shop Hopping with my Idaho sister. :D

meanmom 03-19-2012 02:56 PM

I have my block cut out but not assembled. I'm not sure when I will get to it. I have my quilt retreat this weekend and I have several things to sew for it. I plan on taking several blocks with me to work on during my free time. I am really looking forward to my retreat.
Everyones blocks are so beautiful. Yes I agree with several of you. I don't like a lot of the color choices in the book, but I love what I am seeing here. Can't wait to get mine done. I have a baby quilt to get done as soon as I get home. The baby shower is April 22. I have the strips cut but nothing is sewed. Keep up the good work everyone.
Pat

meanmom 03-19-2012 03:01 PM

There is a fabric I have been lusting after for weeks. My LQS used it in a quilt and is out of it. It is a fabric from 2 years ago. I wanted it for my sashing in my star quilt. I have been searching the internet for 2 weeks for it. I finally found it and it arrived today. It is perfect. Once I get a certain fabric in my head nothing else will do.