Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

Mona Lisa 2011 03-31-2012 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye (Post 5103688)
Hello Mona Lisa,

I wasn't sure if your message was for me, but I'll respond to it since I complete about 4-6 of the Star blocks a week depending on what other things I have going on. So I am probably way ahead of most of the members of this post.

I'm retired (2 yrs now) and have time to enjoy the things I love doing. PP is my new love or is it an obsession? I want to finish these Star blocks so I can put them together for a quilt for my bed. I find it very relaxing to do these blocks. I also participate in a Round Robin, 2 BOM at my local quilt store and 2 BOM online, in addition to working in my vegetable garden and with my roses (I have about 15 different rose bushes). I also do volunteer indexing of records for 2 online family tree sites. So I guess you can say, I like to stay busy.

I hope no one is upset or offended by my posting my completed blocks because that isn't my intent. I only want to share what I have completed.

I'm not offended just curious. I say GOOD for you. I have recently
become a widow and I need to get back into a routine.

Patricia Faye 03-31-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 2011 (Post 5104671)
I'm not offended just curious. I say GOOD for you. I have recently
become a widow and I need to get back into a routine.

Thank you for responding. So sorry for your loss. I hope things go well for you. I'm sure you have the love & support of your family & friends, but you also have that with this group. Keeping you in my prayers.

moonwork42029 03-31-2012 07:27 AM

Boy, Patricia Faye -- I'm thinking of begging for some southern hospitality and send you my blocks to catch me up....Work has been overwhelming lately and I am drained when I come home so my blocks have sat on the table collecting dust bunnies. Since they are for "me" I guess there's no time crunch and they'll get done when I get to them.

I really enjoy seeing all the blocks -- it's a nice highlight of the day :)

Patricia Faye 03-31-2012 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
moonwork42029, I worked over 30 yrs in the financial industry & had little time for me, so I completely understand about being drained after a day at work. I have LOTS of ME TIME now. Look what you have to look forward to!

Here are the blocks I completed this week:
(Row 1) Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri (Row 2) Montana, Nebraska, Nevada

My favorite is Minnesota.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]324065[/ATTACH]

goldendog55 03-31-2012 08:37 AM

Minnesota is nice, but my other favorite is Nebraska. Good work!

Fraew 03-31-2012 09:40 AM

You all are doing fabulously beautiful work! Thank you for sharing. :thumbup:

Is it Sunday yet? It's great fun watching your progress.

ckcowl 03-31-2012 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
well i finally finished my Illinois block---so i can start my Indiana in the morning- it was a busy week- but decided i really didn't want to fall behind so put that first today :)
far from perfect- took it apart 3 times & decided i'm making it worse---so it is what it is.
it's the first one of my (grouping) that is red/white & blue- i really like this one- wish i had done a better job of it...anyhow- it's done- moving forward ;)

PokerDiva 03-31-2012 10:10 AM

I think it is a wonderful color combination.

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5105142)
well i finally finished my Illinois block---so i can start my Indiana in the morning- it was a busy week- but decided i really didn't want to fall behind so put that first today :)
far from perfect- took it apart 3 times & decided i'm making it worse---so it is what it is.
it's the first one of my (grouping) that is red/white & blue- i really like this one- wish i had done a better job of it...anyhow- it's done- moving forward ;)

Patricia Faye 03-31-2012 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5105110)
You all are doing fabulously beautiful work! Thank you for sharing. :thumbup:

Is it Sunday yet? It's great fun watching your progress.

Oh, my goodness! My week has been all turned around & for some reason I thought today was Sunday. Now to get back on track. Have a great weekend everyone!

Patricia Faye 03-31-2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5105142)

I love your colors & you did do a good job on it. I struggled with the Illinois block too. Some of the blocks are more challenging than others : )