Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

PokerDiva 01-28-2013 05:22 PM

Thanks all. Katie I did have enough left for the border but did go buy some extra so I could put the binding on.

whitepine 01-29-2013 08:26 AM

PokerDiva, What a beauty! I know your print was a big one, but the colors in that print were so beautiful that you couldn't go wrong with it. I agree, it should definitely be put in a show. Thanks for the extra closeups for the quilting. It looks like every star is different. If you feel like it sometime, I would love to see some closeups of the back to see how the patterns look on the back, if they show up.

PokerDiva 01-29-2013 08:39 AM

Sue, the back is a dark blue batik and the quilting doesn't show very well. I should say that Charismah, here on the board, quilted it and she did do each star different.

meanmom 01-29-2013 02:05 PM

Wow Florence I love yours. I am still waiting on mine to come back from the longarmer. I thought she would be finished by now. SHe does have some health issues and that delays her sometimes. I was going to give her another week before I called her. I continue to pop over to this thread from time to time to see all of the progress.
Pat

tigertillman 01-31-2013 03:02 PM

I also have this book and have been waiting for a reason to start. I'm in!!!

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4774589)
Please join us in working through Caraol Doak's book "50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars". Starting the first week in January we will be making one star a week, starting with Alabama and ending in December with Wyoming. If you have this book, please join us. there will be no patterns or tutorials given and there is no sign ups required. Do as few or as many as you like. We would love to see your beautiful stars so please post their picture here.

tigertillman 01-31-2013 03:05 PM

Omg I love your quilt. I love batiks so I will do mine with them.

PokerDiva 01-31-2013 04:02 PM

Welcome aboard tigertillman. I hope you share your blocks with the rest of us.

CajunBear 02-08-2013 08:31 AM

Where are the photos of your blocks? I would love to see them. I am presently doing a BOM on Carols group. I have had this book forever and with a little inspiration....well I'm just saying! Lol

Hugs,
CajunBear

PokerDiva 02-08-2013 08:52 AM

We posted our blocks every Sunday. Some were scattered through the week though. There is no central place for the block pics. Sorry.

Anael 02-08-2013 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 5847153)
Where are the photos of your blocks? I would love to see them. I am presently doing a BOM on Carols group. I have had this book forever and with a little inspiration....well I'm just saying! Lol

Hugs,
CajunBear

I'm doing the same BOM on Carols group!