Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

sandpat 03-05-2011 05:23 PM

Great Tute Kathy, thanks for sharing it! Your block looks fantastic too!

Butterflyspain 03-06-2011 03:16 AM

Really neat way to do this applique, the block looks so nice.

You know I really like the black background it does make it all pop

Butterflyspain 03-06-2011 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Thanks for looking for the fab for me girls...sorry Elle...it IS the OLIVE this time! The chocolate was for Jane and I thought I would change it up this time...did you say that you DID find it in the OLIVE????

I guess I did pick #8 due to where it is located...but nevermind. I'm doing this section in the 7" size and finding it a bit fiddly. They won't all be this size though as my border will be larger. Hopefully I will finish this one maybe tomorrow. We'll see.

Kathy, it will look really good on that wall...love what you have there now!

Okay I was confused, I thought you had chocolate again. Let me go back and see if I can find it.

Butterflyspain 03-06-2011 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Thanks for looking for the fab for me girls...sorry Elle...it IS the OLIVE this time! The chocolate was for Jane and I thought I would change it up this time...did you say that you DID find it in the OLIVE????

I guess I did pick #8 due to where it is located...but nevermind. I'm doing this section in the 7" size and finding it a bit fiddly. They won't all be this size though as my border will be larger. Hopefully I will finish this one maybe tomorrow. We'll see.

Kathy, it will look really good on that wall...love what you have there now!

Well Patti, sorry, it turned out to be a flannel fabric and not the same number at all. I searched again, but couldnīt come up with it. Such a shame you canīt find any

sandpat 03-06-2011 05:23 AM

No worries Elle, I think I will be ok...I'm going to use an alternating color for the plain blocks. I think it will turn out just fine. Thanks so much for looking though!

QuiltswithConvicts 03-06-2011 05:37 AM

The tutorial on Open Satin Stitch Applique has been moved. I guess I kinda expected that to happen. Below is the new link.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-105264-1.htm

sharon b 03-06-2011 11:46 AM

Great tute :thumbup:

debe 03-06-2011 02:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am not really joining the JTG club. I just know I am a procrastinator and I wanted to try to problem solve how the heck I was going to do these blocks. I love applique but am not very good at it so I thought joining this cyber-sew will help me stay on task and force me to hone my skills.

So, after that lengthy intro, here are blocks 9 & 11. Ignore the whitish colourings. That is my washaway applique sheets. I didn't want to wash the individual blocks but wash them once they were sewn together (reduce fraying). So I removed a bit so you could see the batik colours.

The background is black. The lines are with a triple stitch varigareted I bought along time ago (gee I think I not only have a fabric stash but also a thread stash ....oh-oh :) ). It's colours are blue, yellow & purple (primarily).

block 9 (attempt 3)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117058[/ATTACH]

block 11 (attempt 1)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117297[/ATTACH]

Fabric Galore 03-06-2011 02:47 PM

I watched the tute on open satin stitch applique and as of now, this is the way I am going to do my quilt. I will do the embroidery and quilting by hand but I will try to do everything else on my machine.

Lacelady 03-06-2011 03:17 PM

Debe, Its always a good idea to sort out what method you are going to be doing, and those are great blocks (love your fabric choice). Could you possibly put the stabiliser behind the background so that you don't have to look at all that white until you can wash the blocks, or am I missing something here?