Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

luvmortherest 03-01-2011 09:06 PM

cool 50 :) :-) :D :-D :lol: :thumbup:

Butterflyspain 03-02-2011 12:06 AM

WOW 50, great and welcome to everyone of the newcomers.

Good luck with the hip replacement Linda and it will make the world of difference to you. My Mum had hers done at the age of 78 and she was walking up and down stairs after 10 days, its a wonderful op, you will be like a teenager again.

Molly good luck with the knee replacement too hope all goes well for you.

Elle

Lacelady 03-02-2011 02:46 AM

Welcome to Gram and Molly - up to fifty, and we are still a couple of months away from the official start. I still don't think it's a bad thing, because it will give everyone time to practice the method you all intend to use. I've taken lots of pics of how I made a scroll recently. A nasty toothache hit me over the weekend, so I couldn't think straight for a while, to do any posting. I have had it sorted now, and am trying to get back to 'normal' LOL.

SewExtremeSeams 03-02-2011 06:29 AM

Wow, 50! Imagine if we could all gather in one grand ballroom... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thank you for everyone's encouragement. You all are so loving on a girl... we are all girls aren't we? I haven't noticed a guy signing in on the AOTH yet.

This is hip replacement should make me even... as in walking that is! I had both knees done and my right hip just had to get in on the act, so I have been walking slighty down on my left side when I am tired. That is not the reason for the surgery but it is a nice benefit. It is a computer aided surgery and the doc said they will get within the teeniest, tiny increment to the same length as my right leg. Amazing what they can do these days.

Elle, a requirement for me to be able to come home from the hospital is that I go up and down stairs. I know what you mean though about how good it feels. I don't even realize I have hip replacement it is so good. Looking forward to this one being the same.

Molly, I will be praying for you on Monday for your knee surgery. Too bad we aren't closer, we could work out together!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope you have a wonderful weekend before your big day. God bless you. :-D

Obsessed 03-02-2011 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Wow, 50! Imagine if we could all gather in one grand ballroom... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thank you for everyone's encouragement. You all are so loving on a girl... we are all girls aren't we? I haven't noticed a guy signing in on the AOTH yet.

This is hip replacement should make me even... as in walking that is! I had both knees done and my right hip just had to get in on the act, so I have been walking slighty down on my left side when I am tired. That is not the reason for the surgery but it is a nice benefit. It is a computer aided surgery and the doc said they will get within the teeniest, tiny increment to the same length as my right leg. Amazing what they can do these days.

Elle, a requirement for me to be able to come home from the hospital is that I go up and down stairs. I know what you mean though about how good it feels. I don't even realize I have hip replacement it is so good. Looking forward to this one being the same.

Molly, I will be praying for you on Monday for your knee surgery. Too bad we aren't closer, we could work out together!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope you have a wonderful weekend before your big day. God bless you. :-D

Both knees and now both hips?!? You're the bionic woman!

SewExtremeSeams 03-02-2011 06:51 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, my DH started calling me that after the second knee surgery. :lol: :lol: :lol: And I feel so much better too. Just don't have that power in my arms :lol: :lol: :lol:

sandpat 03-02-2011 06:56 AM

50!!!! Wow! I hope everyone is able to complete it...it will be sooo much fun to see this many coming together!

Linda...LOL...do you do Bionic sewing????

I've been playing with it on EQ and I'm seriously considering going on point...just another thought to throw into the mix

JudyG 03-02-2011 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
50!!!! Wow! I hope everyone is able to complete it...it will be sooo much fun to see this many coming together!

I've been playing with it on EQ and I'm seriously considering going on point...just another thought to throw into the mix

Patti, can you tell us more about what you're doing in EQ? I put a couple of blocks in but really don't want to trace all of them but would love to see what it might look like on point. I was thinking I could just scan pictures in and use the pictures as blocks. Would that work? I have EQ7, but haven't used it a whole lot, so am not real familiar with what can and can't be done.

JudyG 03-02-2011 07:03 AM

Molly, good luck to you with your knee surgery. I hope you have a really speedy recovery.

sandpat 03-02-2011 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Judy, I traced one..don't know if I'll do them all...I'm playing more with the layout and block sizes (not worrying about if the applique patterns are correct). You can scan in the pics and put them in the blocks..but you can't re-color them that way (or I haven't figured it out yet). I'll attach a pic or what I was playing with.

Originally Posted by JudyG

Originally Posted by sandpat

Patti, can you tell us more about what you're doing in EQ? I put a couple of blocks in but really don't want to trace all of them but would love to see what it might look like on point. I was thinking I could just scan pictures in and use the pictures as blocks. Would that work? I have EQ7, but haven't used it a whole lot, so am not real familiar with what can and can't be done.

waaayyy tooo many blocks..I need to play more
[ATTACH=CONFIG]133710[/ATTACH]