Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 07-05-2011 07:29 PM

Went to Staples to get a new camera & they didn't have a single one that was in the price range I am willing to spend. Bummer!

Will head over to WallyWorld tomorrow. Did get up to LQS and left a chunk of change there. I found what I decided just might be the perfect inner border fabric. I think I'm going to do a Shark's teeth border, or what I've been calling "Hearts - Bottoms Up." If I do this, I will put 1 additional border at the very outside edge facing in towards the big border to finish it off.

I'll shoot a pic with the new camera once I've ironed the fabric. Also picked up some more greens and a couple of pink/rose batiks for LBB/stash.

leakus 07-05-2011 07:59 PM

Third block #10 "almost done". I postes a pic. Reverse applique turned to be very difficult. Are there more with it?

QuiltswithConvicts 07-05-2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by leakus
Third block #10 "almost done". I postes a pic. Reverse applique turned to be very difficult. Are there more with it?

No, that's the only one.

Cre8tvlwyr 07-05-2011 08:06 PM

if you make her border ...the entire outer border is reverse applique! :shock: but.... can change that one :roll:

pab58 07-05-2011 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr

if you make her border ...the entire outer border is reverse applique! :shock:

YIKES!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Now I'm REALLY scared!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Butterflyspain 07-05-2011 10:20 PM

I have made a load of those hearts for the outer border and they are not difficult and make up really quickly. i have used mine for the half square triangles as I am putting mine on point.

Am going to lay mine out with the new sashing material to get an idea and see if I really like it with the sashing and you can all tell me what you think. that will be later today got a load of things on to get done

Deecee 07-05-2011 10:49 PM

Not related to AOTH but just had to tell the news - baby girl this morning, Amelia Rose. We are going to the hospital to see her now.

Butterflyspain 07-05-2011 10:50 PM

Oh lovely news, we like good news on here. Is this a GB? You must tell us all about her

Lacelady 07-06-2011 12:59 AM

Congratulations Dee - hope you can post a pic somewhere.

Kathy, it isn't an 'additional' border, there is already a narrow border outside the big one! I don't think a lot of people notice that one, but it's there all the same. I like your idea of sharks teeth - have you made a sample piece we can see?

QuiltswithConvicts 07-06-2011 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Kathy, it isn't an 'additional' border, there is already a narrow border outside the big one! I don't think a lot of people notice that one, but it's there all the same. I like your idea of sharks teeth - have you made a sample piece we can see?

I knew they were there, but I didn't plan on using them. Now, however I may do all 3 of them Haven't done anything except wash the fabric. I bought 3 yards of it, so there is plenty if I decide to make all 3 borders. Need to iron it. Also need to decided IF I'm going to do all of them or not. Might determine the direction of the points. The fabric I found is similar to yours, but with lots of orangey-peach, yellow & aqua. It's soft, but stood up really well against the center unit. I think it knows it's place & lets the big girls play instead os competing against them.