Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Deecee 07-06-2011 10:51 PM

Thanks Mousie and Pab. Won't be long before we have double the trouble. :lol:

DIL was relieved that bub was only 8lb - my son was 10lb4oz and DIL is only a little slip of a thing. :shock:

Mousie 07-07-2011 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Thanks Mousie and Pab. Won't be long before we have double the trouble. :lol:

DIL was relieved that bub was only 8lb - my son was 10lb4oz and DIL is only a little slip of a thing. :shock:

heh heh...my youngest was 10.5...she pudged her way past your son by just a scooch.
Course it could have been all the ice cream she was sucking down :XD: (you should see how tiny she is now!)

Deecee 07-07-2011 05:04 AM

My son is a lean, mean 6'3" with size 13 feet. DIL fits under his armpit and is a slim little strawberry blonde.

Cute couple.

Mousie 07-07-2011 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
My son is a lean, mean 6'3" with size 13 feet. DIL fits under his armpit and is a slim little strawberry blonde.

Cute couple.

:XD: you just never know what is going to come out of the gene pool!

Fabric Galore 07-07-2011 06:18 AM

Congraulations DeeCee. Grandchildren will steal your heart; they are ever so much more fun than children. I have 5 DGS and 2 DGD. I feel much older than you because I also have 2 adorable DGGS and a DGGD, Alaina Josephine, that is the youngest. I just wish I lived closer to them. I did get to see 2 DDs, 2 DGS, 1 DGD, and my GGS, Josiah over the 4th of July weekend when I drove to Dunedin. What joy, I hated to leave them. :-D :-D :-D

pab58 07-07-2011 09:29 AM

I posted pics of my second block. I'm calling it my "lacy" lilypad block. I feel like a bit of a rebel for what I did to change it to suit me. :oops: :oops: :oops: Please don't send the quilt police after me!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deecee 07-07-2011 01:02 PM

Thanks Losie. I do anticipate the joy of being able to "hand them back".

Patty - I have just looked at your block and "great way to go". It looks lovely - continue to do your own thing and have a unique quilt.

Lacelady 07-07-2011 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
I posted pics of my second block. I'm calling it my "lacy" lilypad block. I feel like a bit of a rebel for what I did to change it to suit me. :oops: :oops: :oops: Please don't send the quilt police after me!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are no quilt police here - anything goes. I have changed odds and ends on this quilt that I wasn't exactly happy with, and no one has come after me.

NDQuilts 07-07-2011 01:24 PM

I've changed things too. I drew am original to replace one I didn't like, only outline stitched instead of having a large background piece (those corners of the center section) and designed my own border, and my blocks are 12". No police but a custom quilt to meet my tastes.

pab58 07-07-2011 02:05 PM

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!! All of your blocks are so beautiful, and I really want to do justice to this quilt. ;-)