Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Obsessed 04-20-2011 02:20 AM

Kathy - your country bride quilt is really beautiful! I bet it raised a lot of money.

sandpat 04-20-2011 05:22 AM

Kathy, I love your quilt...it is a real beauty! Hopefully you were able to build at least the nave with what you raised from the quilt!

I'm sure there are many more who have NOT started than ones who have. I had to get a little head start because I'm so darn slow AND I just happened to have finished up another large project..so I had time to squeeze in hand sewing time.

Roxanne 04-20-2011 05:32 AM

As one who suffers from a little ADD, I am often frustrated with little things like patterns. These small pieces for this AOTH quilt (7" size) are a challenge even on a good day. Yesterday, I had one of those AH HA moments and realized one reason I had been having such problems with my pieces not fitting correctly . Most of them were backward.

I turned my pattern over on my light box to trace from the backside! Dumb,dumb,dumb.......

Butterflyspain 04-20-2011 05:41 AM

Roxanne you are not dumb, some of the patterns are mirrored and some are not. The centre of the flower in block 27 is mirrored. All of the Scrolls are mirrored. so for those of you have not yet reached this point, the secret is to turn them over and trace them.

sandpat 04-20-2011 05:43 AM

Roxanne......LOL....don't feel like the "lone stranger" on that one.....we've ALL done that! I'm not sure I want to admit right now to some of the other things I've done...:oops:

Butterflyspain 04-20-2011 05:46 AM

Believe me, I am right there with ya.

Elle

Ducky 04-20-2011 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Somewhere on this Board I mentioned an applique quilt I made waaaay back in time. I promised to post pictures of it. Here, as promised are 2 pics of Rachel Pellman's Country Bride Quilt. It is hand apliqued & Hand quilted. It was auctioned off as part of a gala at out church to kick off the building fund for the new 5.5 million dollar Christian Day School. The first pic was taken with the quilt being held over the balcony railing in our church, St. Marcus Lutheran Church, Milwaukee. The 2nd one is in our guest bedroom at our house in Milwaukee before we moved to New Mexico.

Incredible quilt, Kathy! Wish I could see it close up -- looks like you did beautiful work.

Shemjo 04-20-2011 07:36 AM

Kathy, the Country Bride quilt is wondrous!

JudyG 04-20-2011 08:01 AM

It's a work of art, Kathy. So beautiful.

Lacelady 04-20-2011 08:25 AM

Beautiful quilt Kathy, thanks for sharing. I must have missed the last page so had to go look for it.

I am a bit mystified about reversing the patterns etc.?

I have photocopied the page of each design. I put that, face up on my light box, and trace through the background fabric, so my tracing is exactly how the design looks in the book. I must be missing something here.