Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Cuilteanna 08-23-2011 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have spent a LOT of time recently trying to discover an easy way to make a miniature facsimile of AOTH. ("Lazy" should really be my first name, I've no motivation to do anything lately.) As there is NO chance of my making a full sized one - I'm much too far behind to ever catch up - I decided that a mini would be far easier to complete.

This is my first test stitchout of the 16 centre blocks. Each block measures about 2.25”, the entire section is 9.5” so if I stay with these measurements the entire quilt should be pillow-sized. I’ve discovered several corrections that I need to make, plus I’m waiting for more colours of fluorescent thread to arrive from the UK (hopefully in the next few weeks). They don't show up as brightly in the photograph as they do in person, but this one was stitched in fluorescent orange, green and yellow (the only colours I had on hand) and will probably do for a tote bag of some sort.

I think it's nap time now.

The Cheater's Version Of AOTH
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245701[/ATTACH]

NDQuilts 08-23-2011 07:07 AM

Wow! This will be a beautiful variation.

Butterflyspain 08-23-2011 07:25 AM

Now that is really clever, well done

QuiltswithConvicts 08-23-2011 01:02 PM

How neat!!!!! That is so original. Looks great, too!

Deecee 08-23-2011 01:11 PM

Wow how cool is that? I'm impressed.

Fabric Galore 08-23-2011 01:42 PM

Who would have thunk it! You obviously did and it is beautiful. Some people have such creative minds and you are certainly one of them.

Lacelady 08-23-2011 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
Who would have thunk it! You obviously did and it is beautiful. Some people have such creative minds and you are certainly one of them.

Not only creative, but incredibly more clever than I would be, to digitise the designs and get them to stitch out on a machine! Well done Cheri.

Lacelady 08-23-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Hmmm......depends on what design you are using for the quilting Lesley. My typical solution is mono for all my SITD quilting, then matching or contrasting thread for ALL other areas depending on whether I want the thread to do any "talking" or not.

So happy Sweetie is purrrrring along for you now! Hug her from us and do we get to see any progress pics???

I'll try, but getting black stitching to show up on black fabric might not work. I'll see what I can do.

pab58 08-23-2011 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
I have spent a LOT of time recently trying to discover an easy way to make a miniature facsimile of AOTH. ("Lazy" should really be my first name, I've no motivation to do anything lately.) As there is NO chance of my making a full sized one - I'm much too far behind to ever catch up - I decided that a mini would be far easier to complete.

This is my first test stitchout of the 16 centre blocks. Each block measures about 2.25”, the entire section is 9.5” so if I stay with these measurements the entire quilt should be pillow-sized. I’ve discovered several corrections that I need to make, plus I’m waiting for more colours of fluorescent thread to arrive from the UK (hopefully in the next few weeks). They don't show up as brightly in the photograph as they do in person, but this one was stitched in fluorescent orange, green and yellow (the only colours I had on hand) and will probably do for a tote bag of some sort.

I think it's nap time now.

LAZY???!!!!! You call THAT lazy!!!????? :shock: :shock: :shock: OMGoodness!!!! That is beautiful!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

sandpat 08-23-2011 04:52 PM

Wow Cheri! I'm impressed...well, actually more like blown away. You are really GOOD!! That looks just great! I think that on a tote would be really cool. Good job girl!