Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

cat-on-a-mac 03-21-2013 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Donna 66 (Post 5944511)
My cataract surgery was so great. I was paranoid about anyone messing with my eye, but with DH putting in my drops every day (he hated it because I whined), it went fine. Glad yours is doing well.

My husband has had both eyes done for cataracts, and I had lasik in my (horribly nearsighted) eyes about 8 years ago. All were extremely successful procedures; I can't believe that I don't need glasses or contacts after having worn glasses since age 10! Well, I DO need to wear something for closeup now, but that's no big deal. Isn't it fantastic what they are able to do with these surgeries?

paintmejudy 03-21-2013 04:57 PM

Ok, Florence, you're right, I should not complain in public about Win 8. Believe me, I didn't want to buy it. But I didn't have recovery discs for the old computer to install on a new hard drive.That was my fault, I never made the recovery discs when I bought it 3 years ago. I know you are thinking of a new one, well, might be more DHs idea, eh?, so
mwait a bit to get a new one and let them work out the bugs. But I do have to say Geek Squad has been terrific.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5944461)
Judy, you are totally scaring me about getting a new computer.

Leslie333 03-21-2013 05:39 PM

I had a realization tonight. I'm pretty new to this board and the reaction of everyone to the errors in instructions that were posted for this mystery quilt are a real tribute to the membership of the board. Judy said that everyone is being good about it, even through PMs. Yeah, things happen and people make mistakes, but how a group this big reacts to it says volumes. As a newer member that really tells me a lot about the people who are on here and makes me really glad that I joined!

m-fay 03-21-2013 06:08 PM

what is a mug rug?

haylillan 03-21-2013 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5944461)
Judy, you are totally scaring me about getting a new computer.

get a apple mac i dont have all that touble with my mac

Dogwood Quilter 03-21-2013 06:29 PM

A mugrug is larger than a coaster of various sizes and will hold your cup and a snack. Anyone have a better description? Google mugrug.

haylillan 03-21-2013 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dogwood Quilter (Post 5945106)
A mugrug is larger than a coaster of various sizes and will hold your cup and a snack. Anyone have a better description? Google mugrug.

sounds right to me

m-fay 03-21-2013 09:05 PM

ok Thanks googling now

Carsey 03-22-2013 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie333 (Post 5944989)
I had a realization tonight. I'm pretty new to this board and the reaction of everyone to the errors in instructions that were posted for this mystery quilt are a real tribute to the membership of the board. Judy said that everyone is being good about it, even through PMs. Yeah, things happen and people make mistakes, but how a group this big reacts to it says volumes. As a newer member that really tells me a lot about the people who are on here and makes me really glad that I joined!

You are so right! It is wonderful to be with like-minded people!!
Blessings!
Carole

SunlitenSmiles 03-22-2013 06:11 AM

glad you are here Leslie333....great group tuned into the therapy value of quilting and choclate (giggle)

my youngest son lived in Ohio for a few years and I visited Hudson, Ohio often....springtime is beautiful with all the daffidols.....main street was like Disneyland but 150 years older !