Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

islandwiz1 03-25-2013 12:06 PM

frustratedquilter that is gorgeous. I like the four blocks.

Carsey 03-25-2013 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by gramquilter2 (Post 5953533)
Judy, thank you for designing and sharing this beautiful table runner pattern. This was my first Train Ride and actually the first mystery quilting I have done. I really enjoyed every part of making this table runner and am looking forward to the next train ride. Everyone's runners look fantastic. Thank again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404316[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]404317[/ATTACH]

Your table runner is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE the colors!!!

Carsey 03-25-2013 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by gramquilter2 (Post 5953533)
Judy, thank you for designing and sharing this beautiful table runner pattern. This was my first Train Ride and actually the first mystery quilting I have done. I really enjoyed every part of making this table runner and am looking forward to the next train ride. Everyone's runners look fantastic. Thank again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404316[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]404317[/ATTACH]

Gramquilter: Who is your fabric by?? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

Blessings!
Carole

cat-on-a-mac 03-25-2013 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Iwantasew (Post 5953485)
Cat-on-a-mac, I would use the birthing method of backing this instead of binding. Much easier than mitering all those corners and if used for a table runner, glasses and dishes set better and don't tip. It is beautiful and very creative.

I was considering that approach, but have never done it. Do you do the quilting with just the top and the batting, and then put the backing on right sides together and invert ? Or do you quilt it after you put it all together?

Pam H 03-25-2013 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5953498)
Iwantasew - by birthing method, do you mean where you sew right side together and turn inside out? If so, yes, that is what I would do, too.

FYI if anyone is interested, IMHO I have found that using Warm and Natural for runner batt doesn't make it too thick for something to sit on without tipping.

Birthing would be a great way to finish that one. I have found that I like to use fusible fleece. I fuse it to the front, sew it all together with the backing leaving a few inch opening, turn inside out, poke out the corners and then just do some simple top stitching with walking foot. Stitching close to the outside edge will close up your opening and no need for hand sewing. (unless, of course, you like that sort of thing!)
I am loving how everyone's runners are turning out. I'm still working on my Irish quilt. It HAS to get to the longarmer asap and I still have work to do on the borders.

sewsewquilter 03-25-2013 04:48 PM

Love everyone table runners! Judy, great border!

Donna 66 03-25-2013 06:36 PM

I must have had some bad food (certainly not anything that any of you brought) because I've had a little bug going on. I have finished the first step, though, and will post pictures tomorrow.

haylillan 03-25-2013 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
all the runners turning out beautifuli. made a couple of boo boos on mine , im leaving them it will still lay on the table thanks judy for all the hard work you did on this train ride Ill use this design again

quilt addict 03-26-2013 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5950536)
those are great Leslie333......................except now I have to go to the candy store, the one that might have candycorn time of year !!!!!!:o

I saw Easter candy corn in the store this weekend. Pretty pastel colors.

Dogwood Quilter 03-26-2013 03:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got mine done today. I had several boo boo's also. I can't seem to get a good picture either. [ATTACH=CONFIG]404598[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]404599[/ATTACH]