Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FW PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Week 6 Broken Heart & Boy's Playmate Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fw-pony-club-quilt-along-week-6-broken-heart-boys-playmate-photo-page-t178544.html)

dublb 02-20-2012 11:24 PM

Oh my goodness, talk about culture clash. Hmm if we get snow the next day it melts, then freezes, & you gotta have a 4x4 to drive on the ice. The whole town shuts down.:) It happens so seldom that we are usually shocked. What's so funny is we've had 3 such snows this year! I think the most in 1 yr, for the last decade. (Last winter we got no sleet, rain or snow all winter, then no rain till the next Oct.
We score cows on Friday????????????? I've got no clue!:confused::confused:

gardnergal970 02-21-2012 05:22 AM

Jeanie, sound right to me. We had an auction on Friday's so if a cow "scored" low for too many Fridays, she went to market! We had beef cows so part of her score was if she calved when she should have and the calf thrived.

carriem 02-21-2012 06:10 AM

Thanks all for the nice comments on my block and baby quilt. I have a retreat the 2nd weekend in March and my friend Crystal and I should be able to get lots of our PC blocks caught up...at least that is our goal! Not sure if I will be able to get any more done before then...

Carrie

carriem 02-21-2012 06:13 AM

We got about 1.5" snow last night but it was already melting when I got up this morning (6)...it is almost 40 degrees at 8am! I too would just drive over 4" of snow...living in Iowa if you had to clear snow all the time you wouldn't want to go anywhere. I am thankful for the "light snow" winter we have had since the last several years we have had LOTS and LOTS of snow!!

Carrie

ArteEmCasa 02-21-2012 12:01 PM

"We score cows on Friday" .......
an assessment is make all Friday to know the cows body conditions of fat...is it?

ArteEmCasa 02-21-2012 12:23 PM

Carriem: cuddly quilt. I love the colors. Here we don't find flannel fabric so beautiful.

QuiltE 02-21-2012 03:26 PM

And to think that OKSGlad hasn't been back this way!

Welllllllllllllll ... your googling has given you correct but not correct info!

Yes, Body Condition is an important tool/technique used by dairy (and beef) farmers in assessing their cattle. It's kind of comparable to BMI for humans.
.............butttttttttttt.............. that's not the meaning of OKSGlad's comment about Friday!!!

Soooooo
Ladies .... If at first you don't succeed, try try again ... and then try again some more! :)

OKSGlad .... Good Luck tonight at Guild ... and on Friday for u-know-what!!! :)

oksewglad 02-21-2012 07:05 PM

I know you are all over at the new photo thread checking out new lovelies, but just to let you know went to town and back --only a couple of inches not the predicted four. Warm enough day today and most of it's gone replaced by "Mud, glorious, mud!" NOT.

I had a fun day with 8 other quilters showing them how to sew a mini quilt! Just a delight to be with these ladies.

Good Google sleuthing Jeanie and ArteEm, but as QE says it has another meeting in dairy world.

QuiltE 02-21-2012 08:00 PM

Nope ... I'm not over checking out the new eye candy yet ... decided I'd better check up on the old threads before I mozied on over to see the new stuff!!

Same weather here today ... a freaking snow storm and then in a few hours it was melting away ... MUD glorious MUD indeed ... and I always hate grey snow!

Wondering who's going to figure out the challenge??
Come on Ladies .... you can do it! :)

fryguymoore 02-23-2012 07:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am going to get caught up.

I modified Broken Heart so the flying geese would be an even measurement and I love the star it made in the middle. Boy's Playmate was one disaster after the next. Luckly for me I lost the middle piece so I just made it solid black out of pure frustration!