Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Fws Photos for Week 3 Blocks 5&6 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-photos-week-3-blocks-5-6-a-t60015.html)

grannyQ 10-23-2011 05:20 PM

These are great blocks too. Thanks.

oksewglad 11-02-2011 09:28 PM

My CW blocks

1 Attachment(s)
While I was off board I sewed up a couple of the FWS blocks Enjoy.

Yeah first picture posts on New QB!

oksewglad 11-05-2011 04:12 PM

Mcgal, did you get 6 done?

QuiltE 11-14-2011 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4621984)
While I was off board I sewed up a couple of the FWS blocks Enjoy.

Yeah first picture posts on New QB!

Another great pair, OK!

I'm going thru now and "subscribing" to all the FWS photo threads, thanks to Evie's handy list on her blog. Guess you posted these while I was off line, and I missed them til now!!

janRN 11-14-2011 02:15 PM

I missed them, too. Very nice. I really like that Batwing block-it's odd; wonder how it would look with them side by side in a larger quilt. Great work OK.

QuiltE 11-14-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 4679573)
I missed them, too. Very nice. I really like that Batwing block-it's odd; wonder how it would look with them side by side in a larger quilt. Great work OK.

Go for it ... and show us!
I think it could be very effective. Wonder what it'd be like, to alternate their directions?

nickylsf 11-20-2011 02:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my #5 Bat Wings and #6 Big Dipper blocks. There is discussion on the Yahoo group about reversing the image for those blocks that are not exact mirror images, when printing the paper piecing patterns. I have not reversed these; I can't really see the utility of doing so, except to have one's blocks be "exactly like in the book."

janRN 11-20-2011 02:55 PM

Great blocks, Nicky. Your points are perfect; I can see the advantage to paper piecing. I better get over my dislike of pp before we start Pony Club quilt. Pretty colors and lots of contrast-great job.

QuiltE 11-20-2011 02:55 PM

Great blocks!

IF we're supposed to stick with the book .... then I'm sunk!
I think it's more important to show your own creativity and do it however you like :)
but who am I to say?

QuiltE 11-20-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 4702844)
Great blocks, Nicky. Your points are perfect; I can see the advantage to paper piecing. I better get over my dislike of pp before we start Pony Club quilt. Pretty colors and lots of contrast-great job.

Good to see you back here, JanRN!!! :)
We'll help you get over the PPing hate .... after all, if I can come to like it, you can too.

A year ago, I saw no sense in it. At Easter I did my first PPing wall hanging and detested it .... though later I found out I chose a difficult one to do. Then once I shortened up my stitch, the results changed immensely, and I was away to the races. The more I've done with FWS the more confident and comfortable I am with it. Not all my blocks are PPd, though I find I'm doing more of them that way. And I think PC will become a totally PP project, just so I can say that's what it is!

The results are incredibly accurate and as you said .... perfect points (and more!)

I see it as paint-by-numbers meet dot-to-dot .... both things I loved as a kid! :)
And anything to feel like a kid again, is good!!! Right?