Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along 46- 60 Block Completed Milestone Photo page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-46-60-block-completed-milestone-photo-page-t196998.html)

grannyQ 10-29-2012 02:09 PM

Carriem, That quilt was done QAYG, and also the first grandson was QAYG. Thank you everyone for the comments. You can put me down for the extra quilt blocks, so I quess that makes me lucky 13.

dublb 10-30-2012 08:31 PM

OMGoodness how did I not git this thread till taday????? Such wonderful blocks everyone. I believe that these are gonna be award winnin' quilts!!!!

dublb 10-30-2012 08:32 PM

Hooray GrannyQ joined the swap. Send Carrie a PM w/your email & she'll git ya all set up. :)

QuiltE 10-31-2012 05:31 AM

There's something fresh and calming about your PC blocks, GrannyQ!

What wonderful gifts you will be giving everyone ... and I notice the blues and purples showing thru again!! Then alas, a green study! All are beautiful and will be cherished by your family.

Glad you will be part of the Swap .... now a Baker's Dozen! :)

QuiltE 02-18-2013 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alas! The Big SIX-Oh achievement!!!

The bottom row is all of the non-PC blocks that I have made. Since the last grouping, I have made a few more darker blocks with less yellow, and with non-yellow against the sashings. Thanks for the feedback, and I look forward to any other input you can give as I do the next bunch of blocks. Honing in on the finish of 72 (plus a few extras to have to trade in, when I consider placement.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396080[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396081[/ATTACH]

dublb 02-18-2013 11:21 AM

Oh QE these just take my breath away! I liked 'em separate, but tagether they sing!!!!:thumbup:

oksewglad 02-18-2013 11:28 AM

Ah now I see it and well worth the wait. Such a sunny quilt. The PP pony with the diagonal stripes would also be a fantastic center block.

JeanieG 02-18-2013 12:03 PM

Oh that is wonderful QuiltE. I think that Jewel Block looks lonely with its purple background. Maybe some more of that fabric or color if you have any???

I've gotta get my PC blocks out of their drawer and onto my display wall......but I have my bonus blocks up there and can't seem to stop staring at them! Ohhhhh, what a dilemma! lol

QuiltE 02-18-2013 02:39 PM

OKSGlad ... I had it critiqued by a horse owner as being a poor looking horse! Wait til they see the cow I made. I don't think she'd classify Ex either! Yes, there's more farm animals to come. I still hope its not too sunny-bright of a quilt.

JeanieG ... oh I know that you just want more fusions in there!! ;) Will see where I can work it in, in the upcoming blocks. I see such great combos of fabric and then sometimes have to step back, in order to get my yellow in there. Sometimes a huge challenge!

carriem 02-18-2013 05:59 PM

I think your variety of colors is good. If you have more farm animals to come maybe put those in the middle and build the other blocks around them?? Can't wait to see what else you have in store. :)