Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along "SPRING BREAK" Discussion Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-spring-break-discussion-week-t184848.html)

QuiltE 04-10-2012 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5130769)
Guess what QuiltE. I'm in Calabash...and It's Tuesday and do you remember what I do on Tuesdays????
I will be posting the threads early today because it's B_ _ _ _ Nite!!!!

Oh I had been thinking about that Honchey!! .... and wondered if DGS would be Home Alone so that you could go? Or if you'd be taking him along!! :) Have FUN ....... and win win win!!! You've had a nice long stay this time!

dublb 04-10-2012 12:04 PM

Great tutes Honchey! (note; I put a tiny drop of glue right by the pins that were stabbed. Place the pieces w/the pin head down & heat set it with the tip of the iron.) For me this works.
QNS Thanks so much for all of the plans on this Spring Break. This was fun!

oksewglad 04-10-2012 12:26 PM

Oh I've missed so much not checking out the new posts on all our threads.
Great tut Honchey, thanks for sharing with us.
Lovely acorns, QE. May have to invest in some of that fabric.

QuiltE 04-10-2012 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5130915)
Oh I've missed so much not checking out the new posts on all our threads.
Great tut Honchey, thanks for sharing with us.
Lovely acorns, QE. May have to invest in some of that fabric.

I'd be *shocked* (and disappointed) if you didn't, OKSGlad! .... I particularly like that all over one ... and curious if the bling might be subtle enough for my PC sashing

oksewglad 04-10-2012 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5130959)
I'd be *shocked* (and disappointed) if you didn't, OKSGlad! .... I particularly like that all over one ... and curious if the bling might be subtle enough for my PC sashing

First reaction--gold might overpower browns in smaller cuts. IMHO

QuiltE 04-10-2012 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5131061)
First reaction--gold might overpower browns in smaller cuts. IMHO

True .. though I would so love to see it IRL! Maybe when you find it, you'll send me a smidgen. :) I'm thinking of a leaf fabric from a few years ago ... the gold was very subtle, and was thinking it would pull/blend with the gold. Regardless, it's a lovely fabric and I can see using it ......... somewhere, somehow!

gardnergal970 04-11-2012 04:42 AM

Honchey...I did as you've shown for the y seams except clip the fabric. Instinctively I wanted to but was afraid it would cause a problem. I'll do that with the other half of the D&D block. I bet there will be no puckers. Thank you sooooo much.

QuiltE...no barn quilts here. I'm too busy trying to get my family covered to worry about that right now.

QNS...that little bit of length should fit right? After all the first board probably did but then the window curves a little and the next board is the same length. I guess that's why they made pickups. Sometimes us "can do girls" just don't know when to call it quits! But the bonus is the LQS's will have the pleasure of your company and I'm sure you'll find some winning fabrics.

Honchey 04-11-2012 04:58 AM

Gardnergal...In D&D there is no clipping...the seam where you need to turn the added piece over to should be open because you wouldn't have sewn past the intersection. H

Termi 04-11-2012 08:02 AM

Honchey, thanks so much for the tutorial with the pictures. I'm a person who is "Y Seam" challenged.

janRN 04-11-2012 08:10 AM

Thanks for the tutorial, Anne-you make the instructions clear and easy to follow. I did Does & Darts but I have a new bumper sticker on my car: Life is too short to stress over Y-seams! I might (said Might!) try one more with your instructions but I'm not promising nothin' LOL.