Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 15 Doe & Darts and Elsie's Favorite Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-15-doe-darts-elsies-favorite-photo-page-t186423.html)

mirabelle 04-18-2012 07:14 PM

Beautiful blocks JanRN, that is a lovely piece of rose fabric and you FC is spot on.

gardnergal970 04-19-2012 04:48 AM

What a great kickoff to another week.

JanieW...your EF has such beautiful curves...boys must all like her. And it doesn't look like the D&D's y corners even fazed you.

Anael...your blocks are also well done. I don't see any puckers and the colors works together great.

Mirabelle...your blocks take my breath away. I LOVE your fabric choices. They make the pattern sing!

QNSue...you really dressed up the D&D block...to have an actual doe! EF has a great story. Just add sashing and watch her take the show.

DDamsel...you did the one being grumbled about the most first and nailed it. Well done.

JanRN...love the fussy cutting on the EF. What a beautiful frame for the rose. Preservance paid off.

I've only gotten D&D 3/4 done for the week but it did get 3 quilt tops bordered and off the my friend to LAQ. My deadlines for birthday, anniversary, and wedding were getting too close to procrastinate any longer. Today there is some catch up in the garden and laundry so I'll make no promises. Need to put sashing on the 15 for show and tell next week too.

QuiltE 04-19-2012 05:43 AM

GGal .... woohoo!!! you've been motoring! ... bet that feels good to see them off to the LAQ!! :)

janRN 04-19-2012 05:09 PM

What beautiful blocks yinz have made! I thought they were both hard even though Elsie's Favorite looked so easy.
Just back from spending all day in ER with my mother (she fell Wed am). Still waiting results of MRI on hip; all x-rays negative (thank God) but they gave her IV morphine and she is zonked out. Sent me home so I'm decompressing looking at all your beautiful work.
I thank you for all the compliments on my block--keeps me motivated to stay with them.

QuiltE 04-19-2012 05:54 PM

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you JanRN
... you need these more than we need any compliments about our blocks!
Decompress a little now ... and then try to get yourself a good night's sleep!

dublb 04-19-2012 05:59 PM

Hey Ya'll: I'm so busy this week! I'm determined ta finish my DGS's quilt (I'm putting the binding on now) & I have another cousin in town. They are coming' ta town ta see our DGM. She lives with my DM. The one that is in town this week is the brother of the one that came last month. I'm so glad ta see 'em. Yesterday I got ta babysit my DGS. That was a lot of fun! Is there anything better than Grand-babies?
Jan - I'm praying for your DM. I'm so sorry. Do ya have any hand work ta do in the hospital while sitting with her? It was what saved me. God be with you!

mirabelle 04-20-2012 12:13 AM

JanRN sending prayers and good thoughts your way, hope your DM recovers soon

Termi 04-21-2012 07:41 AM

Everyone, all your blocks are beautiful this week, as always. I got stumped on D&D, then had it half done, then saw I had put the wrong color in the wrong place. Don't know what Elsie's Favorite will have in store for me. So, I'm getting a little behind. To be honest though, the weather here has been gorgeous and I've been choosing to be outside instead of in the sewing room. But I will get back to it, you all inspire me so much! JanRN, I do hope your Mom gets well soon. I know what it's like, I've been there. Take care.

JeanieG 04-21-2012 10:35 AM

Jan, you are in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there girl!

I have these blocks cut out and started sewing late last night. Decided late in the evening is NOT the time to do these! LOL Will try again today!

QuiltE 04-21-2012 12:37 PM

Termi ... Isn't that annoying when you notice the wrong colour show up! It must be the block, as I did the same, and then had to rrrrrrrrripit! :)

JeanieG ... Oh.So.True! Not blocks to do when one is tired ... I know oh so well! Granted when I put the wrong fabric on, it had nothing to do with being tired ... just "stoopidity" on my part! :)