Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 24 Indian on Horseback & Jewel Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-24-indian-horseback-jewel-discussion-page-t192240.html)

Honchey 06-20-2012 07:22 AM

QuiltE, you haven't fallen behind.....You're just pulling up the rear and I'm a draggin' behind ya!!!
We don't have central ac just window units and I just turned them on...3 H's today and for the next 3 days...
I have to go to NC next week...contractors have to spackle the settling cracks...I'm glad we waited as long as we have...we found a few more the last time we visited....I will be picking up my sister Carolyn on the way...QuiltE, guess what I'll be doing this coming Tuesday evening????? Bingo!!!
Ladies, be careful of the hot, humid weather...don't go outside...stay inside and sew, sew, sew...H.

oksewglad 06-20-2012 02:42 PM

It's county fair week here! Watching 2 youngest GC while family is working in the 4-H building; 2 GD's have their Clover Kids exhibits evaluated tonight. Pray for rain--looks like a front coming across the Upper Midwest and boy do we need the rain!

janRN 06-20-2012 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wasn't sure where to post this. Please give me your honest opinion on this sashing color (it's dark blue with swirly green). I always use black for sashing but I kind of like this one. Please be brutally honest--I can take it!![ATTACH=CONFIG]343486[/ATTACH]

gardnergal970 06-20-2012 02:49 PM

Jan...I really like your sashing choice. It brings movement and color without overpowering the blocks.

oksewglad 06-20-2012 02:51 PM

What I see I sure like, Jan! Like the quilting too!

QuiltingNinaSue 06-20-2012 04:10 PM

I love the colors and the quilting, JanRN. Blue color is just right, to me.

QuiltE 06-20-2012 04:24 PM

JanRN ... Yepppirrrrrrr ... I sure do like that blue/green with those blocks. <clap><clap><clap> big step away from the black you were promising. I like the "life" in the blue, not so dark that it still looks black!! :) It's really making the colours pop and shine in the blocks and adding to the movement. Sweet! Any thoughts yet for your cornerstones? So sorry about your Mom's breaks ... so sad that they missed it. Ditto as to your not feeling guilty about pushing her in physio ... you have condence in the system and it let you down. Good for you for making the Indian and I'll look forward to seeing him in the other thread. I'll be making him, though I won't say that he'll make it into the quilt!

Honchey ... Chances are, I'm further back in the dust than you! Yea for your NC visit and for taking DS! As for the BINGO, I think you're going to have to do a block, dedicated to just that!

OKSGlad ... Here come the Judge! Here comes the Judge!! :) Look forward to hearing all about the County Fair, the quilt judge and your Grands. Oh don't forget to show us a pic of the basket/coffin and tell us more as to what it's all about! PLease?

Termi ... trot on over to the Intl Patriotic Thread ... Monty made a preliminary debut today!

MiraB ... so glad that your machine is purring after it's Humpty Dumpty!

GGal ... do hope that it's a tad cooler for the wedding. Nothing worse than having to get all dressed up and it be miserably hot! We've had some rain, but not a lot. What we did get, has really made the crops jump ... though not far away, things are bleak. Wheat is heading out, and starting to colour a little. Everyone is pushing with the hay right now! No a/c here either, just in my truck!! Luckily I can seek refuge downstairs .... sewing yipppeeeee .... and I have a guest suite that I can "stay" in!

oksewglad 06-20-2012 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I plan on running to Fair tomorrow for the dog show. Will take the camera with and try to get pictures of the QShow et al. GS got a blue on his heifer calf today and several blue ribbons on his other exhibits--had a state poster; a cookie comparison-compared from scratch cookies to BC pouch mix and ready to bake cookies--from scratch were 2cents a cookie cheaper than the other two. He had a taste test on willing victims this weekend, only 1 chose the pouch mix over the homemade as the better tasting. Also entered some photos and the cookie challenge. One recipe for all--let's see how they compare. Tomorrow's dog obedience--may be trickier to get a blue there; Bandit weighs almost as much as he does! Here he is with Zelda, his December heifer calf[ATTACH=CONFIG]343535[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 06-20-2012 06:31 PM

Lovely calf and handsome GS. Will look forward to more pictures and news, oksewglad.

Honchey 06-20-2012 06:50 PM

Jan, I really like the blue you chose for the sashing....

I know you're so proud of your GS,Oksewglad.. that calf is so pretty...

QuiltE, I just designed a block after a Bingo game they call Indian Star.. its a letter X with a + superimposed on it and I just added a couple of triangles to add an arrow design in it. I think it's pretty, but I can't figure out how to show it here...If I create a block on EQ 7 can I share it online???