Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & Village School House Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-45-western-star-village-school-house-photo-page-t205902.html)

gardnergal970 12-13-2012 03:23 PM

And you finished with two wonderfully done blocks. Congratulations!

carriem 12-13-2012 04:50 PM

Jeanie--those are some very nice blocks...great finish! I look forward to seeing them together.

janRN 12-13-2012 06:02 PM

Yay, Jeanie!! Love those blocks. Doesn't it feel good to mark something finished? Now, to put them all together; can't wait to see it.

dublb 12-13-2012 08:24 PM

I git all goosebumpley thinkin' about how neat your quilt is gonna be. :)

QuiltE 12-14-2012 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5718312)
Here are my final two! Sigh! Hate to see the weekly blocks end, we've been working on two a week for what - 2 1/2 years! My goodness friends, where has the time gone!

And what a perfect pair for the finale!

As the saying goes ... time flies when you're having FUN. :D

QuiltE 01-31-2013 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:D My final pair ... well final as far as the book goes! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]392218[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 01-31-2013 10:55 PM

Great fussy cutting on your blocks QuiltE! You are really "spitting" these blocks out! Great Work!

dublb 01-31-2013 11:38 PM

Oh I love 'em. They are just too purdy!:thumbup:

janRN 02-01-2013 03:48 AM

Love them--you are really capturing the spirit of the Pony quilt. Great color combos and fussy cutting. How many more blocks are you making? You are really galloping along!!

QuiltE 02-01-2013 05:53 AM

JeanieG ... spitting the dust out from you cowpokes further along the trail! :) and :( that I missed out on the REAL fun of doing them WITH everyone like I had planned and so much wanted to do after doing the FWS pretty much on my own. That being said, it's been the BEST experience EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

EVERYONE ... Please read above!!!!! It's meant for all of you!

JanRN ... I don't know! Partly because I'm not sure what size it will be, and partly that I really don't know how many are on the wall! :) I decided to not do the full size PC, as I just don't want or need another humongous quilt, being that I only have a double bed and likewise the guest bed. First I was only going to do 7x7, as a generous lap size, small bed and was feeling pretty good, as at that point, I was at 45/49!! Then reality and practicality set in and I thought it'd be better to be a proper bed size. So for sure 8x8, maybe 8x9. So I'll have another 15-20 to go ......... will do an official count today, and report back on the general thread, OK?

As you will have noticed, I haven't been putting the sashings on since I got back on the trail, so I can gallop ahead. Then will have to back track and catch up on the sashings. The good news is that I won't have them all to do! :)