Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & Village School House Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-45-western-star-village-school-house-photo-page-t205902.html)

carriem 02-01-2013 06:01 AM

QE--very nice fussy cutting on these blocks. I think we have that animal fabric at the shop where I work...looks very familiar. :)

oksewglad 02-01-2013 07:59 AM

That Western Star tells all! WTG! Now off to NW Iowa for an estate sale.

QuiltE 02-01-2013 08:22 AM

Thanks again, everyone!

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5829813)
That Western Star tells all! WTG! Now off to NW Iowa for an estate sale.

I may be a little daft ... but I'll fess up that I don't "get it" re the Western Star?
Here's hoping you come home with some good scores at the estate sale!

CarrieM ... it's a fun fabric and so cheery with the blue. I seem to recall there was 3 or 4 in the line of that fabric when I bought it.

I just love that Stonehenge fabric ... dark red mottle with chunks of bling in it. I've bought it more than once as it just adds some interest with the gold nuggets!! :)

oksewglad 02-02-2013 09:34 PM

I see that fussy cut center as people riding off into the sunset. Closing of the day (quilt) :)

gardnergal970 02-03-2013 06:12 AM

QuiltE...good finish at least by the book! I'm doing mine as a 9x9 and it seems to be plenty big.

Honchey 02-03-2013 08:56 AM

Perfect ending QuiltE !!....I love the vibrancy of the colors and the choice of fabrics... Great !!!

QuiltE 02-03-2013 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5834047)
I see that fussy cut center as people riding off into the sunset. Closing of the day (quilt) :)

duhhhh ... now I get it! Sometimes I need a bolt of lightening just to get things! :)

GGal ... 9x9 wouldn't leave me any border space for the double. 6 blocks on the top of the bed with one on each side for 8, then borders. I think the 9 long will work good, for a bit of a tuck around the pillows at the top yet not so huge if using to sleep with.

Honchey .......... weeeeee! you're baaaaaaaaaack! I was about ready to send out a search party!
The turquoise and red with bling in the WS are both Stonehenge. YMF was scraps from previous projects, with a print bought because of all those little animals. And to think that's the first I used them!

THANKS EVERYONE! for the kind words!

QuiltE 03-19-2013 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeeehawwwww!!!! my PC blocks are finished, and what better thread to include these final two additions to the blocks ....

Reference Library ... to showcase all 148 fabrics used in the quilt (4 blocks are HSTs otherwise all postage stamps) I even managed some FC work in those mini stamps!!
The Farmer's Wife and Her Farmer ... just had to be included in the quilt! :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402874[/ATTACH]

And now onwards to adding the sashings and cornerstones and then the tough part of placement decisions!!! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 03-19-2013 03:40 PM

A very nice finish to your pc blocks...love how you put the 'couple' together the Amish way with no faces. yes, i think you take the prize for the most blocks within a block of any pc er with your postage stamp block...great job.

QuiltE 03-19-2013 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 5939825)
A very nice finish to your pc blocks...love how you put the 'couple' together the Amish way with no faces. yes, i think you take the prize for the most blocks within a block of any pc er with your postage stamp block...great job.

Thanks QNSue!
I did the same with my FWS, though did one inch postage stamps and set the four blocks into the corners. This time, only one block to deal with ... and dear knows where it will land!

And thank you TOO for your contribution to the creation of the FW block ... and many others! :)