Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltE 02-12-2014 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6571015)
Today a year ago Isa reached the 1 kilo milestone!! Now she's 7.4 kilos, Bram 6.9. They're doing great!

How wonderful! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-12-2014 06:51 PM

Mirabelle, cannot find an email from you. Cyberspace monster ate it, I guess. Sent another email back to you.

Yes, Anael, I do believe you can celebrate the days, loving your twin grandchildren.

Slow day on quilting; had to rip out some and then start over on another new quarter block. Hope for better luck tomorrow. If you are in the snow and ice latest belt, take care.

oksewglad 02-12-2014 08:04 PM

Amazing to see the SewGrands--just a year ago we were praying they would survive.
GGal--very nice patriotic quilt. anxious to see it when you get it done.
QE notice how modern graphics have slipped in with the geranium fabrics and a touch of gray as well.
I spent the afternoon with church sewing circle helping with the "utilitarian" quilts we make for various causes. Put together 2 "layettes" for social services--includes 6 cloth diapers, plastic pants, pins, t shirts/onesies, 2 receiving blankets, bib and a 36 x 36 tied quilt. We tied over a half dozen baby quilts and a couple of lap quilts. A while ago we gave 5 tied quilts to the local fire dept for families affected by fire. They were happy to see them as they had none on hand. The fabrics are donated so we try to make them as pretty as possible. I brought home three to finish off the edges--so back to the machine.

mirabelle 02-12-2014 11:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oksewglad what a wonderful cause you and your sewing circle contribute to..

QNS I just did a return e-mail so I am sorry that it did not reach you, darn those cyber gremlins...

I have purchased a quilt stand (cause QuiltE is such a good enabler):D:D:D:D and spent the day piecing my first block. Just have to quilt it now...

QuiltingNinaSue 02-13-2014 05:44 AM

Mirabelle, no emails from you are showing up in my emails. . .and I was looking forward to reading it. Love your block that you did for your 'block' of display.

Nothing much new on this front...guess everyone is busy like OksewGlad who has whipped up a lot of good charitable work with her sewing group. Nice to hear good news like that.

May everyone have a safe and warm day.

QuiltE 02-13-2014 06:19 AM

OKSGlad ... A busy day with lots of chatting (I'm sure!) with great productivity for such good causes. I think I had better hope that I do not meet up with that fabric IRL! :)

QNSue ... perhaps check your Junk InBox for MiraBs emails? Sometimes they just go there for no unexplained reason!

MiraB ... always aiming to please!! That is a gorgeous block ... a trial for a future quilt, perhaps?

deranged_damsel 02-13-2014 06:36 AM

Quick HELLO! hopefully this will post, my internet is on and off, antenna needs adjustment again.

the weather warmed up! all of the snow melted in ONE day, and then it rained for days! and OF COURSE.... I got my Suburban stuck in the mud.... grrrrrr.... it is out NOW, but still kicking myself!

Taking off tomorrow to go see my sister and play for the weekend :)

I have been slowly working on sewing projects, my hands are still quite numb, so there it ALOT I just cant do and need to set aside for now, the hand piecing, and the PP, anything small.
Trying out a FAD diet... something I have never done, but hopefully will help. Low Carb/ NO carb Paleo Diet FUN for me :) :) :) as long as I survive it!

Have a GOOD one Ladies!!!

Wish me luck!

deranged_damsel 02-13-2014 06:47 AM

OOoooohhhh TOOTHY BABIES!!! that Pic just made my day :D :D :D

RE the WINTER Olympics! I am enjoying every minute! we are just a LITTLE bit obsessed in our snowy state ;)
And such talented athletes this year!! :D

QuiltE 02-13-2014 07:02 AM

DDamsel ... one extreme to the other in the weather ... I recall last year when we were in the throws of winter still, and you were in your sundress in March! ggggrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! Take care of those paws! and have a fun weekend getaway! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-13-2014 07:33 AM

Mirebelle, instructions on printing out from DJ just came through, slow & tired mice I guess...I sent a reply back.

D_D nice to hear from you; take care and have fun!