Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/january-1-2013-whirling-start-2-photos-t209786.html)

DeneK 01-11-2013 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK -- I was not satisfied with my first block. Changed the colors a little, set up for better scant 1/4" seam, and did get better results. My block is still not exactly square, but think it could work and size is just a smidgen short if I squared it properly. Took me over 4 hours just to sew it. Cut pieces yesterday. I don't think I would want to make a whole quilt with this block unless I learned to do it much better and faster.

frenchfryqueen 01-11-2013 12:34 PM

Lovely work! I like the colors a lot.

Roma Bauder 01-11-2013 12:37 PM

I had one block done and didnt like the color combo,so now I am going to try another. PP I like ,so hoping this one is a better color combo. I dont think it's a block I would do again. I have not been quilting that long to take on such a hard block

nancia 01-11-2013 12:55 PM

does everyone else see the spools? what fun! (says she who hasn't tried to make it yet, lol)

Andii 01-11-2013 03:50 PM

Nancia, I see them but to me they look like pretzels or a cinnamon twist donut!;)

pyffer3 01-11-2013 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok. Here is my block. I am still such a newbie. It was hard for me. Took me just a little over an hour and those "y" seams just seemed to want to pucker. I guess I got good at taking apart and trying again. I'm my own worst critic! [ATTACH=CONFIG]387555[/ATTACH]

jaba 01-11-2013 08:26 PM

pyffer if you're saying you're a newbie, you've graduated!!:thumbup:

Roma Bauder 01-12-2013 03:53 PM

love the black and white pyffer. I have all the pieces done,after dinner I will hopfully get it to go together? LOL

Lyn Hut 01-12-2013 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi

I fnaly had time to do some sewing after been call to work on the Australian Bush fires that are going at the moment.

After reading all the threads that are posted I was a bit worried about doing this block, but I found it went together easy by following the picture on the first site we where given.
I desided to use up the fabric I had left over from the Quilt for Rosie (from quiltingboard) I have just finished just adding a bit more yellow and black, hope this works out for all blocks., rather than buy new fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]387760[/ATTACH]

klgreene 01-12-2013 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lyn Hut (Post 5782008)
Hi

I fnaly had time to do some sewing after been call to work on the Australian Bush fires that are going at the moment.

After reading all the threads that are posted I was a bit worried about doing this block, but I found it went together easy by following the picture on the first site we where given.
I desided to use up the fabric I had left over from the Quilt for Rosie (from quiltingboard) I have just finished just adding a bit more yellow and black, hope this works out for all blocks., rather than buy new fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]387760[/ATTACH]

Love the colors, and you did a really nice job. It would go with my block. I'm waiting for next month to see which way I'm going to go with the color scheme. But I am loving the black and white and one other color!