Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/january-1-2013-whirling-start-2-photos-t209786.html)

CajunBear 01-29-2013 01:53 PM

Cajun's Whirling Star 2

1 Attachment(s)
It was a trial but finally after a lot of "frog sewing" I'm done! lol Nothing like the last minute!

Hugs,
Cajun

thimblebug6000 01-29-2013 05:21 PM

cajunbear, love your version!

bibliostone 01-29-2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 5823559)
It was a trial but finally after a lot of "frog sewing" I'm done! lol Nothing like the last minute!

Hugs,
Cajun

Great job! I really like your choice of fabrics.

CajunBear 01-29-2013 07:33 PM

Thanks everyone!

Hugs
Cajun

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 5824006)
Great job! I really like your choice of fabrics.

SewExtremeSeams 01-30-2013 06:59 AM

Cajun, love your block. Don't you love the way a color pops when used with black and white?

CajunBear 01-30-2013 08:40 AM

Yes I do love the pop of color when using with black and white. In fact, this block was in my EQ7 block library and I played with different colors combinations; then had to play with my own fabric to perfect it. In fact I had to replace my first dark black on white choice. But I do love the way it turned out.

Can't wait for February's block to be announced. I am putting each of my block photos into EQ so when year is up I can play with quilt layouts!

Hugs,
Cajun

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5824908)
Cajun, love your block. Don't you love the way a color pops when used with black and white?

CAS49OR 01-30-2013 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made another block, this time I left the seam allowance. :thumbup:

I have five colors I'm going to use for the series and I may applique one of the other colors on the black space on this one, depending on what the other blocks look like.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391822[/ATTACH]
Since my M.O. is to do it wrong at least once, then start over, I may need to buy more fabric.

Sparkling Lake 01-30-2013 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Andii (Post 5821777)
Sparkling Lake, what three pieces are you talking about? I did mine paperpiecing, actually, I'm still doing it and I can't think of anything that comes in threes. There are four units which go together to make one block. Each unit is made up of 4 subunits which each have two pieces.

If you can post pictures we might be able to catch what you're doing.

It's good to have you here.:)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391897[/ATTACH] I am not sure if it uploaded. But if it didn't I am trying to make one section of the four. I have three sewn and when I try to sew the other side of the triangle to finish I get a tuck in the piece that goes to the border right at the intersection of the three. Does that help? Thanks for welcoming me. I really enjoy this group.
April

kristakz 01-30-2013 05:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This block kicked my butt. I don't like paper piecing, and my template didn't print the right size for a 12" block, so I decided to figure out the rotary cutting sizes for it. That actually was the easy part. The first block, I put 1/2 the segments together wrong. And when I fixed one, the whole thing was too small. #2 went pretty well. Except looking closely I actually put some of the segments in wrong. Its all background in that area, so it doesn't really show.
#3 is for a challenge - I think I finally got it right, but this took me almost 2 weeks to get this far.
I'm glad this block was picked - I've wanted to make one for a while, but would have given up long ago if not for this BOM.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]391900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]391901[/ATTACH]

Nelco 01-30-2013 05:25 PM

WOW!! cindy that is out of this world :)

Originally Posted by CAS49OR (Post 5825560)
I made another block, this time I left the seam allowance. :thumbup:

I have five colors I'm going to use for the series and I may applique one of the other colors on the black space on this one, depending on what the other blocks look like.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391822[/ATTACH]
Since my M.O. is to do it wrong at least once, then start over, I may need to buy more fabric.