Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/january-1-2013-whirling-start-2-photos-t209786.html)

czpainter40 01-26-2013 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5813870)
Welcome back. I love your black and white. Looks awesome to me.

thanks jaba for the welcome back i had got out of quilting for awhile now i am majorly hooked made three last year and on my second one for this year they were toddler quilts

wildyard 01-26-2013 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by czpainter40 (Post 5815920)
Thanks I was thinking i was loosing one of my blades by going to the black it looks so different from all the others.

Well, yes, you lost a blade in the center pinwheel, 4 blades instead of 8, but it's still going to be a great quilt!

thimblebug6000 01-26-2013 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Roma Bauder (Post 5815552)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]390899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]390899[/ATTACH] Sorry about the double . My BOM for Jan

Looks fun! All those plaids & dots sure bring in the action!

czpainter40 01-27-2013 05:48 PM

Thanks I appreciate the feed back

CAS49OR 01-28-2013 12:11 PM

czpainter I really love your colors (um, lack of colors?) the shades you picked look so good together.

Rose, I love the scrappy quilt star too, I think it would be fun to make all the blocks scrappy. I have no stash so that doesn't work for me.

Nelda and Linda those are good tips. I left the Paper Piece pattern attached to the first block I made so I could use it as a reference for where future colors go if I liked that pattern. (The green one I posted that shall remain solo.) Glad your thumb is better already Linda!

I'm using paper piecing paper now, it can stay in the quilt as a stabilizer and I may just leave it in since I will probably not wash the fabric again.

Sparkling Lake 01-28-2013 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5758515)
I am so thrilled that everone is loving this pattern that I picked out & making such Gorgeous blocks!! It's facinating to see each new block posted & how each one of you have interpreted your design. Great Work Everyone & thank you so much for sharing with all of us!!
:D :D :D :D

I love this pattern. I have been trying to make my first one and keep getting a tuck in one side when I try to sew all three together. Please help! I really want to make this block. I am new at quilting, only a few months although I have made 15 or so blocks w/ different designs. But I still can't get this one. I have taken it apart a few times and get the same results.

Andii 01-28-2013 08:03 PM

Sparkling Lake, what three pieces are you talking about? I did mine paperpiecing, actually, I'm still doing it and I can't think of anything that comes in threes. There are four units which go together to make one block. Each unit is made up of 4 subunits which each have two pieces.

If you can post pictures we might be able to catch what you're doing.

It's good to have you here.:)

frenchfryqueen 01-29-2013 05:30 AM

Who's in charge of the February block? How about a teaser hint? :)

thimblebug6000 01-29-2013 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen (Post 5822291)
Who's in charge of the February block? How about a teaser hint? :)

HaHa.... that's what I was thinking this morning too :p

dakotamaid 01-29-2013 08:40 AM

I think it is taken but not sure by whom.