Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

Elisabrat 11-28-2012 07:13 AM

Wow that was nice sewnso I hope they can raffle it off at one of their events. They will love it. You were SOO fast if it kills me. I was overdone yesterday so no sewing but today is a new day and the machine talks. It is to rain 10-20 inches in the next four days so i think I might need an oar if I try to leave. I am thinking trees will be coming down.

Belfrybat 11-28-2012 07:42 AM

Jaba, I like the colours, and I am definitely NOT a pink person! The softer green just seems to go well with the pink.

Belfrybat 11-28-2012 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5685214)
Wow that was nice sewnso I hope they can raffle it off at one of their events. They will love it. You were SOO fast if it kills me. I was overdone yesterday so no sewing but today is a new day and the machine talks. It is to rain 10-20 inches in the next four days so i think I might need an oar if I try to leave. I am thinking trees will be coming down.

Oh, please send some down to Texas! We are so dry and getting drier. I know that much rain can be devastating, so not making light of it. Just wish we could get a good soaker.

Cindy60545 11-28-2012 11:30 AM

It's DONE!!

4 Attachment(s)
TA-DA!! I just pulled mine off of Queenie! All I have left to do is trim & bind it. I was having trouble with quilt design & called on 2 other longarmers for help. Thanks Judy Lee & Debcavan for your input! The lighting wasn't the best, so it looks a whole lot better in person than in t he pictures. Hope you guys can see it though.

reeskylr 11-28-2012 12:10 PM

Wow that is a beauty!

chefbwarner 11-28-2012 12:38 PM

Oh cindy that is an awesome quilt. The quilting is glorious. How many ways to say awesome. Turning a bit green here LOL The sun is shining bright today all that heavy rain yest and must take advanage of it. going outside for a bit with the dog and then back to the machine. Went to subway and got dh's fav dinner so that's taken care of. Have a great evening from the slacker on the FL coast. Retta

yayaquilts 11-28-2012 12:44 PM

WOW!! I'm seeing some beautiful mystery quilts!!

dotcomdtcm 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

That is so totally gorgeous! OMG I write like a teenager...
Well, here is my silly story. Somehow, I did realize this would come out so BIG! I could not wait to make the first 2 blocks. What a surprise. No way can I get this done for Christmas! But then... 2 darling friends are getting married in July. Aha! A wedding gift! Next time, I will read ALL the information. Thanks Judy!!

quilt addict 11-28-2012 01:02 PM

Thank you Judy for the tremendous trip. I am just back from holiday visits and will try to catch up and finish the quilt. I really like the pattern and like others, if I knew what it was in the begining I would of thought it was too difficult.

I am not sure how my fabric selections are going to work out. Hopefully I can post some pictures this weekend or next. I want to at least get the top finished prior to Christmas.

It was wonderful time to spend with everyone. Great food and companionship. Keep posting so all of us will be encouraged to finish.

Elisabrat 11-28-2012 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WOW are you so fast! I love the red/white it turned out great. Lets see if the post will allow a pic of my progress here not sure how I like it yet but still hopeful ..[ATTACH=CONFIG]379077[/ATTACH]