Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

sustraley 10-18-2012 06:55 PM

Hope your friend gets the help she needs. Prayers for her everose

irishrose 10-18-2012 07:30 PM

Prayers for your friend, Di. I only have 3/4 yard of the the black with the white swirls, but if you can't find it, I can share it with you and use the other b/w. It came from JoAnn's quite recently - I have been collecting b/w fabrics for a sampler. I don't think I'll be in Traverse City until the third so if you can't find it by then, I'll get some for you or cut mine, whatever. Great minds think alike. I cut out a burgundy/green Spicy Spiral today, too. I need to set up a third machine - one for FMQ the bazaar quilt, one for the Spicy Spiral and one for the mystery. I guess the SS and the mystery can share.

I'll be late to the cutting directions. There's a good quilt show in McBain Saturday. I won some FQs for a door prize last year.

I'll bring a crockpot of hot chocolate made with good chocolate. We need it here - cold and damp again.

Elisabrat 10-18-2012 10:32 PM

COLD? Damp? um are you on a different train or still packing your bags? we hit 80 yesterday and will again today. Not slowing down for another four or five days. then maybe fall or maybe snow. they say snow.. we will see I suppose I would have to pack my tank tops and please save me some of that hot chocolate. It would be lovely then! I think the fabrics are all so very different. I am excited to see all the works in progress to see how one pattern can become so many different things. I am going to check out that pattern site.. I need two quilt patterns for future wedding quilts (bucket list) and two baby quilt patterns also busy beaver this next year. oh and the red/white quilt I want for me and the Christmas one and .. I guess I had better book myself now before my calendar fills up with projects (MINE). check back tomorrow to see what other jewels are posted. I could shop all your fabric choices and be very happy.

Jenniky 10-19-2012 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by YC Quilter (Post 5595652)
I've decided to hop on board for this exciting ride, never having done a mystery quilt before. These are my fabric choices; last 3 quilts I made were PINK, so this is very different.
Having terrible time posting pic from IPad ! Help!!
looks like it worked but don't know how! The last fabric on the right could be an alternative for ABC or D. What do you think?

Love your brown fabrics.. :thumbup: but then Im partial to brown as my favorite color..LOL

Jenniky 10-19-2012 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5595965)
It must be close to Halloween or just cold outside, because as I was just going to sit and jot a note to you, a "daddy long legged spider" walked across the screen. How weird!!!

Irish, you wonderful lady.
Just tell me where you got the black with white swirls in your second photo. I love the black with the bright white. I cut my second spicy out today - it's from forest green to dark red with a couple lights fabrics in the middle. Tomorrow I will cut the stratas apart and then resew. It will be a Xmas gift for the SIL that we will stay with in Michigan.

I think I have found a new color palete. A friend agreed that it was "colorful". So will take a picture tomorrow and post.

In the new Grit magazine there is an ad for quilting. "Carry on the tradition of quilting" Haven't gone to the web site but here it is: www.Grit.com/quiltingpatterns Code: MGRPACB4 It says quilt patterns $4. Will check it out, because I know I can never have enough patterns.

Also need prayer for a dear friend who was admitted to inpatient today for deep, deep depression. Has been in a very bad place for months - wasn't going inpatient but has now decided it is best. She has an eating disorder also, so it's going to be a long, hard path for her.

Look forward to seeing your fabrics Everose :) and I dont think we can ever have enough quilts patterns I agree. Warm wishes of a speedy recovery for your friend.

Everose 10-19-2012 06:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]370931[/ATTACH]Okay, here it is. The new brights in my life. Now I am really anxious to start. Planning on taking my lap top with me to MI so that I can keep up with QB threads. So interesting to see what everyone is doing.

Haven't talked to my friend. But in contact with someone who has more knowledge about the case. Do have a phone number, but am going to wait a couple days, because she is VERY ANGRY right now. Limited phone use will help her (hopefully) work on getting well. She will not be able to leave hospital, but when her "dander" is up, she may refuse help. I fear for her life and fear what will happen to her kids (her mother is taking care of them, which is another whole story). Thanks for the prayers!!!

paintmejudy 10-19-2012 07:09 AM

jaba - glad it is going easier the second time around

everything - looks good

Everose - wonderful colors, A-E are great choices. When we get to clue 4 on Nov 3 you may want to pick an E with a bit more contrast to your AB colors. But love your brights.

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we start to cut and sew insted of rummaging through fabric!

frustratedquilter40 10-19-2012 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5596775)
Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we start to cut and sew instead of rummaging through fabric!

I can't wait but I have too:( I have to take the hubby and youngest daughter to the airport then I will catch up at the next pick up spot on the tracks and see you all joyfully enjoying each others company and some good food :)

Sauki1 10-19-2012 07:40 AM

Everose, I love your C fabric. Who makes that? I've never seen it before.

montiealma 10-19-2012 08:07 AM

I am getting my fabric together and will post a pic for any suggestions for changes, just as soon as DH has time to shoot them. On board with homemade chocolate chip cookies, fruit & milk.