Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

paintmejudy 10-15-2012 04:30 PM

Elizabrat - yes, sometimes it is hard. That's why no one has my address!!! LOL No, not true, lots of old friends here from doing Madelines BOM last year. Ooooo candied pecans - my staple hostess gift at the holidays! Always have pecans in the house for that. My recipe uses cayenne pepper, just a pinch, to give it a bit of a surprise.

Jaba, I like the bottom set with one change. Have you thought of using the solid pink from the top photo in place of the dark-dark at the top of the bottom photo?

haylillan 10-15-2012 04:45 PM

judy you are a brave person to do this mystery quilt i really enjoyed the last one. its as exciting as going to charleston, s c can't hardly wait for next clue. thanks for doing this train ride

sustraley 10-15-2012 05:18 PM

I have received some wonderful FQ's in swaps on this board. Too bad I can't use them. :)

Sauki1 10-15-2012 05:39 PM

I really like the second choice.. No idea if it will work with the mystery but it looks good. :)

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5588361)
I look at everyone's and now am so 2nd guessing myself think I need some major SOS here. Opinion appreciated by the way....[ATTACH=CONFIG]370099[/ATTACH]1 choice
[ATTACH=CONFIG]370101[/ATTACH]other choice or should I start over????

quiltingnonie 10-15-2012 05:45 PM

When I buy random fabric, I usually just purchase a yard...so may have trouble coming up with 1 1/3yd x 4.
I do have a lot of batiks...think they would work?

VickiM 10-15-2012 06:42 PM

Judy, did you see my posted fabrics on pg. 10? Will it work? Thanks...:)

quiltingnonie 10-15-2012 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Will these work? Flowers are approx 3" x 3" Fabric E is a lighter gold than shown, but might replace with a coral shade to match the flowers.

jaba 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Thanks sauki1 and paintmejudy, switched to the pink and its perfect, well for me it is. Soooo, that's my choice for this mystery train. I don't care where we go, but this train is coming through Wyoming some way this year. We may have to help make some new tracks, but we can do it, can't we......I'll bring lots of treats and tricks I promise. Excited to get started. All aboard.................................

reeskylr 10-15-2012 10:31 PM

Jaba, I like those on the bottom too :)

Farm Quilter 10-16-2012 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5587632)
Farm quilter - perfect! Love your fabric choices.

Thank you, Judy! Since only you know the end result, it is really nice to have your feedback on color choices. Most mysteries don't do that and I really appreciate you looking at each and every picture and give feedback! That takes time!!! Thanks for being willing to spend so much time helping us out :)