Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

Cindy60545 11-24-2012 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the Irish Chain I finished for a Craftsy long arm class.

paintmejudy 11-24-2012 05:11 PM

You guys are soooo great! thank you for all the nice things you have said. But I really enjoy designing a quilt and making it come alive. All of you are so supportive and I appreciate you overlooking a few boo boos when I was sick.

The blocks posted look great, can't wait to see the rest of them. As you earlier had been posting the pieces made, and I see your collections of pieces, knowing you didn't know what you were going to do with them, I could see how they were going to turn out, and I hoped you all would be pleased with them. I don't think there is going to be an ugly one in the bunch!

Carsey 11-24-2012 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by frusratedquilter40 (Post 5676592)
I know where Hamilton Montana is ! Welcome aboard. My sister in law and brother in law and all of there kids live there. What a small world. Have been there several times. Love your fabric choices appeals to my girl side:thumbup: Love your cat we have 2 lovely fur balls that share our home but not my sewing space as they like to steal things off my sewing table and I never see them again. :D

frustrated..... My cat would steal the bobbins and bat them around. Unbeknownst to me, she got the thread wrapped around her tongue. After a trip to the vet and surgery to make sure that she had not swallowed any pins or needles, she could no longer go into my sewing room. (spoiled the fun for the other kitties, lol) They do love to help us don't they!!!!

Carsey 11-24-2012 05:30 PM

Judy..... YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you soooooo much for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

frustratedquilter40 11-24-2012 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey (Post 5677386)
frustrated..... My cat would steal the bobbins and bat them around. Unbeknownst to me, she got the thread wrapped around her tongue. After a trip to the vet and surgery to make sure that she had not swallowed any pins or needles, she could no longer go into my sewing room. (spoiled the fun for the other kitties, lol) They do love to help us don't they!!!!

They used to steal my thread and have it all over the house and I am also missing 2 seam rippers anything that rolls they take and hide under my oak buffet and we do not move it out very often because I would have to unloaded it and even then it weighs like two hundred pounds. Sorry to hear your kitty had to go to the hospital:(

frustratedquilter40 11-24-2012 06:02 PM

I think I may redo one of my blocks because If I don't it will be all red(both are red on the outer areas). I still love the other blocks may incorpriate those into the backing :o

VickiM 11-24-2012 07:27 PM

OOOH! Love this!!! :thumbup: I can't wait to finish it...hopefully by next week...the craftshows are over for me for the year...I don't do any in Dec. because I have to have time to do my own personal things. Tiring, but I love doing it. I think my DGD will love this for her graduation quilt! Thank you Judy for the wonderful ride & your tireless work when you do these...very much appreciated!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: And thank you ladies for the hilarious, food/drink filled ride, & all the help that has been given!!! :D Will be ready for the 4th mystery train ride when you're ready Judy!

susan... 11-24-2012 09:40 PM

judy how cute i have never down an irish chain was nervous and you tricked me into doing it. i can't wait to sew it together thank you for doing this

Farm Quilter 11-25-2012 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 5675450)
I am so far behind i have no Idea if I will be able to catch up. I do have one set of strips sewn for one of the 9 patches so far.

You are so far ahead of me!!! I picked out my fabrics and that's it. I have a huge customer quilt that I am doing custom quilting on and I need to finish it before I can do anything for me. I have managed to "capture" clues 3, 7 & 8 and the 9P instructions. Looks like I'll be reading a zillion pages to find the other clues!

chefbwarner 11-25-2012 04:27 AM

Judy, thanks so much. soooo much. I think after all is said, stressed over and sewn, this is going to be one of my fav mysteries. I'm a bit behind because I picked up a book and then two more by the same author. Oh how I wish I could sew and read. Can't even listen to audio books while sewing. I have a tendency to close out all background noise. Hugssssss to all, Retta still in sunny but oh so cold FL now