Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

grammy of 6 10-15-2012 05:00 AM

SunlitenSmiles,
I LOVE your fabric! What is the name, manufacturer? Is it a new line, or have you had it for a while?

SunlitenSmiles 10-15-2012 05:28 AM

Seattle Bay Fabrics ....2006 .....design: FLOW 01 ......Kona Bay Fabrics
(I bought 6 colorways of this print/blender)

the print is:
Northcott, Flowers of the Month Club - February Violets #2795 by Ro Gregg
(feels like silk)

SunlitenSmiles 10-15-2012 05:41 AM

leaving now to go to the beach to play with DGGD while DGDIL has an appointment.....then DGDIL wants to sew, she is an enthuastic beginner.....and she wants to shop too, which will be fun as I have been shopping stash for last 2 1/2 years.

dotcomdtcm 10-15-2012 06:18 AM

Six & a half yards total?? 4 x 1 1/3 = 5 plus 2 x 3/4? Did I read this correctly? Seems like a lot of fabric. TY

chefbwarner 10-15-2012 06:32 AM

Omg I am loving all the fabrics. Mine are percolating a bit. Not real sure of the contrast. But....the red is washing as I type. Finally gathered enough to do a full load. Gotta love those red towels my son uses. Oh, Northcott, bestest fabrics in the world. Also love Modas. The feel is just so nice and there's never a question about buying them online. Trying to think of a goodie to bring with. Perhaps a peach cobbler with a bit of 1/2 and 1/2 for topping??? Not quite as on the hips as pure cream. LOL As If.

btiny36 10-15-2012 06:36 AM

Well I would love to join cause it sounds like way too much fun. But sadly I need to try and make 3 more quilts for Christmas pretty sure the gifted quilts won't all get done in time but hopefully started. If this quilt was going to be at least a Queen size leaning more to a size 92x92 I might be able to join....

paintmejudy 10-15-2012 06:36 AM

Wow, been a lot of activity and busy people!

Ok, on to business - hope I don't offend anyone with my comments.

reeskyler - I think you need more contrast on you E fabric expecially having A and D light fabrics.

bibliostone - welcome!

clevermom - perhaps you have too much white. And using fat quarters will be possible if you have plenty of them -- you will lose a lot when you cut. Also, don't use too whites - E and D. A C & F are lovely. Do you have a B with more color?

Nelco - pretty colors, and yes, a gray would work. But I would switch D & C - C should be darker than D

urgods - I'm afraid with the way this will be cut, this print is kind of large.

Haylilliam - like top choices, they will be gret.

Dotty - I agree, seems like a lot, but don't forget the size. And you know you lose a bit when you cut. And there is a bit extra.

AnngelAnne 10-15-2012 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5587062)
Wow, been a lot of activity and busy people!

Ok, on to business - hope I don't offend anyone with my comments.

reeskyler - I think you need more contrast on you E fabric expecially having A and D light fabrics.

bibliostone - welcome!

clevermom - perhaps you have too much white. And using fat quarters will be possible if you have plenty of them -- you will lose a lot when you cut. Also, don't use too whites - E and D. A C & F are lovely. Do you have a B with more color?

Nelco - pretty colors, and yes, a gray would work. But I would switch D & C - C should be darker than D

urgods - I'm afraid with the way this will be cut, this print is kind of large.

Haylilliam - like top choices, they will be gret.

Dotty - I agree, seems like a lot, but don't forget the size. And you know you lose a bit when you cut. And there is a bit extra.

Judy you are too clever answering everyone and being so helpful. You are the perfect person to do this.

Rabouyette 10-15-2012 08:48 AM

I am new to this site..joined today. I want to try this project.

Farm Quilter 10-15-2012 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Will these work?