Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

Pattia 10-26-2012 05:27 PM

Just putting in my 2cents, here- really hope you don't mind. didn't Judy say something earlier about C to be darker than D? not sure if I am correct and if not I heartily apologize and will go back to lurker mode ( just checking out the mystery again with interest as I am a newbie quilter and no time to start something right now before other Christmas projects) I love seeing what fabrics you all pick and the outcome.
Patti

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 5613565)
Here are my provisional choices. I like the A-B-C-D combo as B & D pick up the same blue, and A & C complement their partners well. A is actually more peach than orange and C is more green than shows up in the pic. What I'm really dithering about is the E-F choices. If none of these work, I can pull more from my stash. Opinions, please?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372473[/ATTACH]

labeelady 10-26-2012 05:28 PM

I slipped and fell in the living room yesterday, managed to pick myself up and go to quilt guild meeting. Soreness started last night, and this morning I found a rather large bruise on my left side. Today I didn't feel like doing anything, but I did manage to take a sewing machine to my dealer to get worked on. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be right as rain and ready to start on clue #3!

katybob, what part of Louisiana are you in? Evidently it's south if your in the hurricane zone.

Pam H 10-26-2012 06:08 PM

Wow, Judy, Judy and Pat! I hope you all get better real soon.

Shadowirish 10-26-2012 07:05 PM

I'd like to jump on this train! Went shopping, woohoo....gift card from DH for my BD! Will post pitures when I can get the colors look at least close.

LUANNH 10-26-2012 07:07 PM

welcome back grandme26 take care of yourself, don't try to do too much.

Pat I bet you'll feel worse in the morning, hope not. Just take it easy.

katybob 10-26-2012 07:12 PM

Pat, I'm in Baton Rouge. We've had enough hurricanes the last few years to last a lifetime and I sure feel for those folks who at the least are going to get some really lousy weather. It's bad enough to be without electricity in August or September here, but it's getting cold up there!

labeelady 10-26-2012 07:16 PM

Okay..Baton Rouge I'm familiar with. Have you found Red Stick Quilt Shop on Industriplex?

Shadowirish 10-26-2012 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372652[/ATTACH]
Does anyone think these will work?

Sauki1 10-26-2012 07:39 PM

Looks great. but you might want to flip flop A and B as I think A is supposed to be lighter than B but I could be wrong. Good fabrics :)

JeanieG 10-26-2012 08:01 PM

Grandme26, I certainly am glad you are home from the hospital after that scare! Get well real soon and I'll be waiting to see your fabric and blocks!