Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

Gretchen 10-26-2012 11:44 AM

Hi everyone!! Had my 1st epic failure on this adventure.... went to start cutting my fabrics when I realized I only had 1yrd cuts ..... you know what that meant - a trip to a my favorite LQS! Oh and what fun did I have... I was hoping to use all stash but just wasn't meant to be on this ride.... Just got back a few minutes ago so I am recharging with some ice cream and then I'll post my new fabric choices ..

reeskylr 10-26-2012 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 5614086)
The more the merrier on this ride! You can always catch up as we go, and there are lots of us who'll help you. Rain in WA state? Tell me it ain't so! (The rain I don't miss, but the fresh food...yes!) Ms. Mini and I went out today and the wind gusts were so strong that my hat blew away!! It was a bodacious ride. :-) ( I rescued the hat.) Went to Tuesday Morning to check out the fabric. They did have some, but I resisted. Thanks for the compliments on the purples.

Yes that purple was gorgeous, but then I'm really partial to purples. Is that a sign of age? lol
I love WA state, rain and all. Hehe.

Are you getting winds from Hurricane Sandy? She looks pretty ferocious as she heads to New York. :) What did they call it? Frankenstorm, because they figure it'll hit on Halloween.

PokerDiva 10-26-2012 11:51 AM

attention!!!! Attention!!!!. I will be posting the clue tomorrow morning as judy is in the hospital having thrown her back out. That is all the info i have right now but if i here more i will pass it on. I am told she is doing ok. I am up early in the morning so i will post early.

PokerDiva 10-26-2012 11:53 AM

Gads, I thought I was posting that in CAPS and RED. Guess I don't know what I am doing. LOL.

JeanieG 10-26-2012 11:53 AM

Oh no, no wonder we have not heard from her. Send her our best wishes for a speedy recovery!

reeskylr 10-26-2012 12:25 PM

Wow. I know what 'throwing your back out' is like. OUCH. Thanks for stepping up Diva and let her know we send Well Wishes!

katybob 10-26-2012 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just ran across this thread this morning and I love mystery quilts -- I'm in! Here are my fabrics, except for "D". I haven't found anything yet that I like to match up with "C".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372549[/ATTACH]

Gretchen 10-26-2012 12:58 PM

Rebounding from my earlier disaster.

2 Attachment(s)
.. played around with a few fabric choices.... what do you think?

Belfrybat 10-26-2012 01:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5613842)
Belfrybat, I like your choices, but for some reason, I'd like to switch C and E. We'll have to wait to see what Judy says.

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5613884)
I think I'd do instead of c&d use either e or alt 1, whichever blends better with b and alt 2. Then use c & d for e & f fabrics. take a look at that combo and see how it looks. Just an opinion, sure it will look great no matter what you come up with.

Here are the new choices with the suggestions given above.

Original array:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372553[/ATTACH]

Suggestion #1 (not sure there is enough contrast between C & D)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372557[/ATTACH]

Suggestion #2 (Do you think E & F have enought contrast with the others to "draw the eye in" as the original instructions stated?)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372554[/ATTACH]

I've never done this kind of thing before, so am open to suggestions. But if E & F are supposed to contrast with each other and the rest of the fabrics, I'm not sure this does it. Then again, what do I know?

JeanieG 10-26-2012 01:09 PM

Judy mentioned that one of the E-F fabrics goes with A-B, and the other E-F fabric goes with C-D. That helped me a lot, hopes it helps someone else who missed it!