Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

Sparkling Lake 11-17-2012 08:29 AM

Hi Judy.

I would like to start doing the mystery quilts. Would you mind telling me how I get in on the next one?

Thanks

yayaquilts 11-17-2012 08:36 AM

Love the view from the observation deck! Everyone's colors look so great sewn in the first steps of this mystery!! I'm still just looking (and printing the directions for later!)!

paintmejudy 11-17-2012 09:12 AM

Hee hee....

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 5662798)
boy or boy, this is getting curiouser & curiouser by the week! I almost said we were making 9-patches again! Guess not! Next weeks got to be a whopper! Maybe I can get this done before leaving for DD!

paintmejudy 11-17-2012 10:50 AM

SparklingLake, not too late to join this one!

Not sure when the next one will be, probably near the middle or end of February. Gives everyone a chance to get over the holidays, and I will be on vacation in January.

Cindy60545 11-17-2012 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5662940)
Hee hee....

Yep, you've definitely got us all stumped this time! Last one we were already trying different combinations to see what it was, this time we've got to wait til we start putting it all together ! Two more clues til the end, so it should reveal itself shortly!

Here's mine for this week!

marytoddliz 11-17-2012 11:11 AM

Cindy, how did you do that so fast! I am impressed! I also am still on my first cuppa coffee so I am warming to the idea of going in there and tackling the next step!

Judy, I have to say that the mystery Trains are my favorite project to do because it is always a project that I never thought to try! So thanks so much for our mystery train rides!

On an "off topic note" I have been saving black and white fabric for YEARS! maybe 4 but not real sure. I had a project in mind and I was going to make this wonderful scrappy black and white quilt... To keep... rarely make them for myself!

But danged if I can remember what the pattern was, now that I have a whole shelf of B & W fabric, any one have a good scrappy pattern that would rock with B&W???

purtercat92 11-17-2012 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by kensington (Post 5650606)
I got one of those that I ordered online. Priceless! I want another just to have for 'safekeeping'. But, I could not find a store that sells it, it's an online item.

I got mine at a quilt shop in the mountains, they were having a quilt shop hop and some friends and I hit a few of them. We all got one but this was the first time I used it. I haven't seen it in any shops around here, but I haven't really looked.

purtercat92 11-17-2012 11:48 AM

wow, I am really behind!! I really need to play catch up. I have a couple of quilts I have to make for friends, two are for twins that we are having the baby shower for my friend tomorrow, so just have to get the binding on them, and one for a friend who asked me to make one so she can give it to another friend. busy busy!!! But I have all the clues now and I am hoping to get caught up soon!
Pot Roast with veges in the slow cooker!!!!!

irishrose 11-17-2012 12:20 PM

Mary, did you see the Ten minute block in black and white with a bright center in today's pictures? It was very nice. I'm thinking of doing mine with every block different - a sampler, I think. Some of the free Craftsy BOM blocks look interesting. No other color planned at this point - just b/w.

I've started playing catch up.

SulaBug 11-17-2012 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=Cindy60545;5663130]Yep, you've definitely got us all stumped this time! Last one we were already trying different combinations to see what it was, this time we've got to wait til we start putting it all together ! Two more clues til the end, so it should reveal itself shortly!

Here's mine for this week![/QUOTE

CINDY..........how on earth did you get this clue done so FAST? :D Me thinks you sneaked a look at Judy's clue, before we did!! I am going to have to keep an @EYE@ on you little lady. Love your Red & White combination, it's gorgeous. Happy Birthday to your GS for me.

:D :D :D :D