Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mccalls-quilting-jan-feb-2012-3-month-mystery-quilt-along-t174799.html)

Sewze 03-24-2012 07:24 PM

I check the grocery stores a couple of times a week, just in case. I'm going to try to restrain myself from buying if it's there. I have two copies of this last one as it is and don't need any more duplicates, but just couldn't wait the last time I saw it at WM...no patience, the older I get, the less I have! LOL

Sewze 03-24-2012 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by collector49 (Post 5088382)
I checked the McCall's website and it shows the May/June issue. We should all be receiving the new issue shortly. The blog shows a picture of the finished quilt. Very pretty.

Oh my! I wish you hadn't said that.....but, thanks for the info anyway. I'm still going to try to refrain from buying a duplicate copy....please wish me luck. LOL

sharon b 03-24-2012 08:00 PM

Oh sure tempt me...... hhhmmmmm...... hey how did the finished quilts already get to the blog since the Mag isn't out yet ? You would think they would at least wait until the mag hit the shelves ...... Last time I also had 2 issues as I bought one at the store then subscribed and they sent me one in the mail.....

Sewze 03-24-2012 08:37 PM

Isn't Sherri's one of the sample color ways in the 1 st mag...who I believe works on the mag? Now that I see the finished quilt, I'm not in a rush to get my copy. It's a lovely quilt, but I don't think my color combinations are going to work. I was trying to work out of my stash.... I guess I can always donate it to the shelter--- or make new doggie beds. LOL

sharon b 03-24-2012 09:01 PM

Ok.. Ok.. Ok.. I went and peeked ... LOL Mine should work out ok... but if I had know I would have changed my purple and orange around , afraid mine will look very Halloweeny with all the orange and green side by side

Sewze 03-24-2012 09:28 PM

At least you will be able to use it for Halloween.... When do you suppose I can use one that will probably look like ( is there such a word as 'pukey') somebody was sick all over the place? Think I'll go to bed now. Maybe I can dream it in better colors.

sharon b 03-25-2012 08:41 AM

Well the green and orange make it Halloween but the pansies ???? no one has Pansies in October ... :( LOL

Sewze 03-25-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4878382)
AS promised here are my fabrics - hope they work well together when all is said and done :) [ATTACH=CONFIG]303537[/ATTACH]The green is the 3 yards

sharon b, I came back and took another look at your fabrics this a.m.........I don't see Halloween here, just beautiful fall colors. Jinnie

sharon b 03-25-2012 10:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok here is the updated pics- I tell you in person it is reading Halloween :) LOL And for the record I am finished with Step 2 WOO HOO - ready for the final push, hope it comes while I am a sewing/quilting fool mood :) [ATTACH=CONFIG]322509[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]322510[/ATTACH] It really is a DEEP purple

Havplenty 03-25-2012 10:51 AM

sharon those colors do not look like halloween. you must just have halloween on the brain.:D