Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mccalls-quilting-jan-feb-2012-3-month-mystery-quilt-along-t174799.html)

Havplenty 03-20-2012 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks (Post 5077243)
Hi Iwillquilt, so glad you joined us.

Havplenty, you mean you have not started the first part yet!( VBG) You being from the Show Me State, I guess the rest of us will have to show our quilts to get you going.

Gosh I know the third part will not come until sometime in next week's mail and I want to work on it NOW.

okay so i put all of my postage stamps quilts stuff away, cleared my table and i am determined to get started on parts 1 & 2 before part 3 comes out. all of the work will be done in part three for sure.

sharon b 03-20-2012 05:34 PM

hav no worries I am still working on my part one also :rolleyes: But I am determined to get it done ... just not saying when :D

nancia 03-20-2012 11:25 PM

i have to recut my fabric c squares and hst's, since i switched fabrics. that will happen later this week since i am finishing dq's. anyone interested in a block swap with the alice in wonderland theme?! now signing up!! should be great fun!!

sharon b 03-23-2012 05:55 PM

Well it was a nice day after work but kinda damp , was trying to figure out what to do.... then it hit me work on this mystery , so I finished cutting for Step one , drew my lines , tomorrow I will sew and cut the squares and finish up on step 1- then onto 2 ... well ...uuhhh.... after I remember where I hide my magazine :o LOL

Sewze 03-23-2012 06:39 PM

Wow! I'm so pleased with myself because I finished Step 2 today. Unusual for me to be running on time. I even had time to go back and work on a stash buster quilt. Waiting for the third part mystery magazine to arrive in the mail--- which I hope comes before it's on the news stands.

sharon b 03-23-2012 06:48 PM

I am new to subscribing- do they usually hit the stands before the mailbox ?

catsnchina 03-24-2012 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5085972)

My quilt magazines always arrive a week or so after the same magazines are on the news stands.

Sewze 03-24-2012 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5085972)

I believe they do. I know I had bought my 2nd step mag before my subscription arrived by a couple of weeks; but, then I don't always get my mail in time for the sales, either....if at all!

sharon b 03-24-2012 06:35 PM

Well that stinks I subscribed for a couple reasons 1) So I don't forget to get the magazine 2) thought it would come sooner :(

Oh well almost finished with step 2 - this is rare for me also to be on track... LOL

collector49 03-24-2012 07:22 PM

I checked the McCall's website and it shows the May/June issue. We should all be receiving the new issue shortly. The blog shows a picture of the finished quilt. Very pretty.