Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mccalls-quilting-jan-feb-2012-3-month-mystery-quilt-along-t174799.html)

nancia 01-27-2012 05:54 PM

i've bought my fabric and lost my dec/jan mag already. i have got to get my head glued on--oh, no! i think i've lost that, too!! i'm almost finished with boom blocks and then i can think about the mystery! my real mystery is when will i find time to do this?? lol i've never done this before, but so far the directions seem clear cut. (ahem, sorry).

Gigi07 01-27-2012 05:57 PM

Make that 4.. I finally have my fabrics picked out Now to get them cut out... this is going to be fun... Your a great group of quilters... this is my first BOM ever!

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4917171)
ok that makes three of us who havent cut our fabrics yet but mine are on my cutting space waiting on their turn.;)

sharon b 01-27-2012 06:00 PM

Caroline when did you place your subscription ? Wonder if the new issue will show up at your door next ?

nancia 01-27-2012 06:17 PM

i've bought my fabric and lost my dec/jan mag already. i have got to get my head glued on--oh, no! i think i've lost that, too!! i'm almost finished with boom blocks and then i can think about the mystery! my real mystery is when will i find time to do this?? lol i've never done this before, but so far the directions seem clear cut. (ahem, sorry).

Caroline S 01-27-2012 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4917421)
Caroline when did you place your subscription ? Wonder if the new issue will show up at your door next ?

I ordered my copy from Quiltandsewshop.com. I did not subscribe to the magazine. Total price was $8.98 including postage. Now I am looking for Mar/Apr. It was not at Joannes today. Aaargh. But my DD, AKA chief enabler, pursuaded me to by some fabric for another OBW. I would have never chosen the colors but she said it was time to step out of my color comfort zone for once. But I promise that I will not think OBW until my Orca Bay Mystery and McCalls Mystery quilt tops are done. I fell off the 2012 Fabric Moratorium big time. But it wasn't the Devil who made me do it, it was my DD. Not my fault, right? :eek:

Fabriclovr 01-27-2012 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by dluvs2quilt (Post 4906097)
Here are my fabrics , almost done with part one.

OMG I love fabric A! (not to mention B C & D!) LOL Where did you find it and don't say its been hiding in your stash for years :p

Fabriclovr 01-27-2012 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks (Post 4909101)
I'm excited. March/April issue arrived yesterday in the mail. But it will a day or twwo before I can begin part 2.

Ohh if yours came in the mail, and I subscribed just 2 weeks ago, I think I better go and buy the next issue. Walmart, here I come as Joann's did't have it on the stands yet.

sharon b 01-27-2012 08:48 PM

Caroline- if the kids make you do it- it doesn't count :) What colors did you get ??????

Fabriclovr 01-27-2012 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4917812)
Caroline- if the kids make you do it- it doesn't count :) What colors did you get ??????

I agree with Sharon, if it wasn't your idea in the 1st place, it doesn't count. Me on the other hand.. hum, I think I am at $200 and counting so far this year . . Resolutions are like diets.. they are made to be broken!

sharon b 01-27-2012 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr (Post 4917842)
I agree with Sharon, if it wasn't your idea in the 1st place, it doesn't count. Me on the other hand.. hum, I think I am at $200 and counting so far this year . . Resolutions are like diets.. they are made to be broken!

LOL I totally agree - although I went shopping last weekend and was really quiet restrained spent less than 50.00 I think :) that is great for me :o