Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/orca-bay-mystery-quilt-along-t168935.html)

Foxflower 01-14-2012 06:14 PM

Candi, that is really lovely. I think your color choices worked out great.

candi 01-14-2012 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by grannyrae (Post 4875129)
Looking good Candi,I am still working on part 7

granny, I am too, actually I still need to make a few more string blocks too, but thought I'll put some together to see how it looks.

candi 01-14-2012 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 4875202)
Candi, that is really lovely. I think your color choices worked out great.

Thank you. I am pleased with the colors, I only wish I could sew better, lol.

Foxflower 01-14-2012 07:00 PM

I was so busy enjoying the colors I didn't look at the stitching, so I didn't notice any mistakes. If you don't point them out probably nobody else will notice them either!

JeanieG 01-14-2012 09:22 PM

That is beautiful Candi, the colors turned out great!

COYOTEMAGIC 01-14-2012 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by pjnesler (Post 4869370)
Here it is! I just finished sewing on the borders - THE most complicated quilt I've ever done, and love the pattern! I'm so glad Bonnie came up with this mystery quilt for us to enjoy, I never would have done a quilt this complicated if she hadn't. Along with the pattern, and her giving such good instructions for the rulers she uses and everything I've read on the Quilting Board this past year, it's been a great learning experience! Can't wait to see everyone else post theirs - I'm not sure if I'll do the quilting or send it out to be done.... I think I'll need some quotes on how much that would cost.

WHOOT!!! WHOOT!!!! Great Job :thumbup:

COYOTEMAGIC 01-14-2012 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by candi (Post 4875084)
Sadie, you are right of course, I haven't been good with triangles and points, but practice makes perfect, right? :D:D:D Actually, I could get many points to match nicely, but some just won't, so to them I said 'oh well". I actually made some progress today and have a few blocks started. I changed the center square in my light Ohio Stars because I wanted more red in my quilt, I think it gives it a nice pop, and boy are there many seams in this quilt! Pressing takes time to get every seam to lay flat!!!! I have my Ohio Stars partially sewed, just need to sew the rows and then finish my flying geese and then the fun of joining it all together. I think I will make four big units and join those together instead of row by row, as it seems to stay squarer (lol) for me this way.

After working on this for the past week, I need a break :D:D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]303185[/ATTACH]

WOW!! !:thumbup: I like the colors!!

Emma S 01-15-2012 07:01 AM

Candi: Love your colors. When I chose my colors I only changed the two major ones. I was afraid to be too daring since I didn't know where the design was going. You proved you can change every color with beautiful results.
I have one row completed now, can hardly wait to get the next row on so I can see the overall pattern. I want to post for the first time as soon as I get more done.

candi 01-15-2012 07:23 AM

Ladies, thanks for the kind words. I was getting tired of working on this quilt that I thought I'd work on something different today, but after reading your positive remarks, I think I'll work on it a bit more today :)
And yes, I am waiting to see more pictures too.

Sadiemae 01-15-2012 09:21 AM

:thumbup:Candi, Beautiful Quilt! Your points look awesome!!!!