Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/orca-bay-mystery-quilt-along-t168935.html)

COYOTEMAGIC 01-22-2012 05:41 PM

Sue & Lakekids your quilts are simply AMAZING!!!! I love the color choices!

s.daurio 01-22-2012 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by lakekids (Post 4899663)
I finally completed piecing all the components. I decided to try to different partial layouts - one like Bonnie's layout and one with the large strings surrounding the light background Ohio Stars.

Now I have to decide which I like the best.

You colors are fabulous. Both versions look great, can't wait to see which way you go.

pjnesler 01-23-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by s.daurio (Post 4898834)
Just finished quilting my Orca Bay, this is one of my favorite quilts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]305169[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]305171[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]305172[/ATTACH]

Sue - I love the colors you used, and the quilting is great!

Emma S 01-23-2012 08:07 AM

Well I am trailing along. I just have the last row to attach and then the borders. I don't care how outclassed I am by all of your interpretations, I am going to post as soon as I get to that point.
Some of you have been mysteriously silent about your progress. Come on fess up about your progress. We also want pictures.

Sadiemae 01-23-2012 09:57 AM

Lakekids, I love both layouts. You used all of my favorite colors, so I think it is just beautiful!!!

Emma S, I will fess up!!!! I have been decluttering junk and so have been busy on other things. I check for everyone elses progress, and work on mine a little at a time.

Emma S 01-23-2012 10:04 AM

Sadie, I'm tapping my foot.

candi 01-23-2012 10:07 AM

Emma, I have been fessing up :D I have three out of our section sewed, now just need to sew the fourth sections, put all sections together and then think about my borders....I need to make this quilt wider too :D ..so to sum it up, I have ways to go :D:D

JeanieG 01-23-2012 10:52 AM

I finished my Orca Bay quilt last night. Got all the borders on, just need to take a photo. I went with the blue border, just love it!

Emma S 01-23-2012 01:44 PM

Candi: Don't miss Jeanie's post showing her blue borders. Wow what a great design change! I have a ways to go too but the design changes have excited me again, since I can hardly wait to see how the use of green will look on mine.

candi 01-23-2012 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 4903289)
Candi: Don't miss Jeanie's post showing her blue borders. Wow what a great design change! I have a ways to go too but the design changes have excited me again, since I can hardly wait to see how the use of green will look on mine.

Emma, I love Jeanie's blue border. Can't wait to get to the border stage on mine:) And can't wait to see yours, Emma. Why don't you show us a sneak peak? :D