Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Jupiter 04-17-2011 07:45 AM

Hi All,

I am sorry I am dragging along. I did get 2 week's ago block finished, but not photographed or posted. Now here it is a new week and I haven't even started the nosegay block. Rain thread scraps down on my head, and I promise to get back on the right page.

Seriously, I haven't been goofing off. I participated in the Boomerang 3 Swap, and now that it is over, I have been busy putting all of my 36- 12" block together. I plan to have a king sized quilt on my own bed real soon!

Happy Quilting Hugs,
Jupiter

Deecee 04-17-2011 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Catch up week and here's my five -

keelybird57 04-17-2011 04:55 PM

Such lovely blocks! The colors are so rich! Great work, Deecee!

Jupiter 04-17-2011 11:16 PM

I hadn't looked at the schedule. I sure am glad it is "Catch Up" week. I need it.

DeeCee your collection of blocks is wonderful! These are going to make you a very pretty quilt. I looked back at your first 5 blocks. They are on page 38 of this group, if anyone wants to look back.

hugs, Jup

Deecee 04-17-2011 11:56 PM

Hey everyone - I have just come home from work and expected to see lots of eye candy on this thread. :shock:

I'll check back later to catch all your pics. :D

Thank you for your kind comments keelybird and Jupiter.

tinker 04-18-2011 12:53 AM

Just open this thread!!!! The blocks are great Irene, Where did you find the Indian design fabric? Decee, your nose-gay is beautiful. I should list all of the beautiful blocks. But I'm too tired, to go back over the pages So I'LL say nity nite All of you Very Very Nice Tinker

Obsessed 04-18-2011 02:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Jupiter - I can't wait to see what you've been working on.

Deecee - what a beautiful collection of blocks! I love how the green ties them all together. Beautiful work!

Here are my blocks - I took a picture of all 10. I put them on the "busy" brown fabric that I've been using since I'm now leaning toward using that as my sashing. I really love it and I bought more for another project - so I made sure to get enough to sash these blocks when it's time.

I ended up redoing my cathedral window with the lighter red and I'm happier with it now. I am going to leave Rosellen's Cross alone - I'm happier with the colors now - except to restitch it with my applique thread. I didn't have the applique thread yet when I did that one and the cotton really shows up.

My ten blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185875[/ATTACH]

Passing inspection....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185876[/ATTACH]

Deecee 04-18-2011 02:35 AM

Love your quilt inspector and I still love your background fabric. It really makes the gold in your blocks glow.

They all look beautiful together.

Irene V 04-18-2011 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lara, your blocks are beautiful. You've chosen such pretty colors.
I took a photo of the last 5 blocks completed since we posted the first 5 previously so here are my last 5 completed. The first of these 5 doesn't even look like it goes with the others...
I'm also noticing that not only do I sew crooked, my photos come out crooked also.

Irene V 04-18-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Catch up week and here's my five -

DeeCee, you've done such gorgeous work! Beautiful.