Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

np3 07-03-2011 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
We just waited for you to post first Jup -

Here's mine and as you have said, better colour choices this time around.

Oh my, these are colors that I love together!

Deecee 07-03-2011 04:49 AM

Thanks np3.

Jupiter 07-03-2011 06:36 AM

Hi Nancy, Thanks! See you soon.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by np3

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Brrrrrr..... that sounds cold, DeeCee. Stay bundled up!

Helen, my MIL, is not a quilter, but we did recently do a little project together. I remembered seeing her color in a kids coloring book, when she'd get off work in the evening... back when Randy and I were dating. I thought that was a little bit strange, but she explained that it was relaxing to her.

So recently after a short hospital stay, she stayed with us. I taped fabric to a foam board, traced a quilting template design on it, and gave her my big box of crayons and told her to color the picture.

Well, I ironed the wax out of the fabric, then trapuntoed the design and stippled the background. Made into a great pillow for her to take home. I'll show you a picture. I was pretty happy with how it all turned out.

So I'll steal the stage here for a minute... hope no one minds much...

hugs, Jup

Marilyn, what a great story and wonderful memory for her! Love your blocks too!

Jupiter 07-03-2011 06:38 AM

HI DeeCee, I think we both did a better job of picking colors this time around. Love your black and cream star points.

hugs, Jup

We just waited for you to post first Jup -

Here's mine and as you have said, better colour choices this time around.

np3 07-03-2011 09:11 AM

Hi Nancy, Thanks! See you soon.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by np3

Brrrrrr..... that sounds cold, DeeCee. Stay bundled up!

Helen, my MIL, is not a quilter, but we did recently do a little project together. I remembered seeing her color in a kids coloring book, when she'd get off work in the evening... back when Randy and I were dating. I thought that was a little bit strange, but she explained that it was relaxing to her.

So recently after a short hospital stay, she stayed with us. I taped fabric to a foam board, traced a quilting template design on it, and gave her my big box of crayons and told her to color the picture.

Well, I ironed the wax out of the fabric, then trapuntoed the design and stippled the background. Made into a great pillow for her to take home. I'll show you a picture. I was pretty happy with how it all turned out.

So I'll steal the stage here for a minute... hope no one minds much...

hugs, Jup

Marilyn, what a great story and wonderful memory for her! Love your blocks too!

It is getting here quickly! Still thinking about my main dish plans!

Deecee 07-03-2011 12:51 PM

OK, what are you two up to??

np3 07-03-2011 12:56 PM

OK, what are you two up to??

Jupiter is the new President of our local Guild and I am the new 1st VP, in charge of Programs. She is having our 1st Board meeting on the 12th and is doing a potluck!

Deecee 07-03-2011 01:19 PM

Potluck should be fun. How wonderful to have a QB member close to hand to enjoy quilty ventures with.

Good luck with your first meeting.

np3 07-03-2011 01:23 PM

Potluck should be fun. How wonderful to have a QB member close to hand to enjoy quilty ventures with.

Good luck with your first meeting.

Actually, gramma mo is taking over the newsletter for Jupiter. Our outgoing secretary and our incoming secretary are board members. And there are a few others as well.

Deecee 07-03-2011 01:41 PM

Wow - so many!

Was it a co-incidental coming together of Board members or did the QB spread through like chickenpox afterwards after you got together.